31st March 2015, 08:58 AM
Unregistered

Diploma holders are eligible for IIT-JEE exam?

Are diploma holders eligible for IIT-JEE? I Have done diploma in CSE,when i can give IIT-JEE? after taking admission for degree? If not eligible what would be the better options to do after completion of Diploma course? Can you please guide me with the information required. Thanks!

31st March 2015, 08:50 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma holders are eligible for IIT-JEE exam?

No, diploma holders are not at all eligible to apply for IIT JEE Entrance Examination. Candidates who have completed their 12th class in 10+2 pattern only are eligible to appear in IIT JEE Examination. Since you have completed Diploma in Computer Science Engineering, I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in IIT JEE Exam. Indian Institute of Technologies and National Institute of technologies do not offer admission to diploma holders. As you are not eligible to go for IIT JEE, you have an another better option. I suggest you write Lateral Engineering Entry Test (LEET) or Engineering Entrance Tests to be eligible for doing B.E/ B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering. Yes, doing B.E/ B.Tech in Computer Science Engineering is only the best option for you right now and soon after completion of this course you may even find employment opportunities in IT Sector and Government sector as well.
31st March 2015, 09:01 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Diploma holder are eligible for IIT-JEE exam.

Eligibility for IIT-JEE exam:-

You should have passed 12th standard from a recognized university with physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Appearing candidates are also eligible.

A Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state board of technical education of at least 3 year duration.

You must be born on or after October 1, 1990 to be considered for the JEE Main 2015.

You must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in total including all subjects.
31st March 2015, 09:12 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, Diploma holders are not eligible to appear in JEE examination. Only candidates who had completed 12th standard from a recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. Candidates who had qualified in JEE Main examination are eligible to get admission in JEE Advanced examination. By securing top rank in JEE Advanced examination, the candidate can get admission in IIT. Since, you had not pursued 12th standard, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to appear in JEE examination. The best option you have is to appear in Lateral entry examinations like LEET/ECET/JELET examinations. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get direct admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
1st April 2015, 12:49 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma candidate are not eligible for IIT JEE exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for IIT-JEE exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

I have attached the syllabus for IIT JEE exam so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: txt SYLLABUS IIT JEE Exam.txt(1.4 KB, 140 views)
28th October 2015, 06:00 PM
jituvide

IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology & JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination which are conducted by IIT for admission to B.Tech in IIT.

Eligibility criteria for JEE says that only 10+2 passed students with PCM are eligible for JEE examination.

So, this will throw out the diploma holders from eligibility criteria because diploma is not equivalent to 10+2.

Therefore diploma holders can't get admission in IIT.
31st October 2015, 05:39 PM
Jitu888

No.
Diploma holders are not eligible for IIT.

IIT conducted JEE entrance exam for admission of B.Tech in IIT.
Eligibility criteria for JEE exam :
● Candidate must have passed with PCM in 12th
●Age limit is between 18-27 years
● No backlogs

Diploma is not considered as equivalent to 10+2.
Hence, they are not eligible for JEE IIT.
31st January 2016, 09:08 PM
Chocolate_boy

No. Diploma holders are not eligible for IIT-JEE.

JEE stands for Joint Entrance Examination conducted by IIT every year for admission of B.Tech. But only 12th passed students are eligible for JEE.

Diploma is not equivalent to 12th, so they are not eligible.
22nd August 2017, 01:12 PM
Unregistered

If a candidate in the last year of electrical engineering diploma and candidate also passed 12 then candidate will be able to give JEE MAINS exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?