8th April 2015, 08:40 PM
Unregistered

Can I get admission in Medical college if score 90% in class 12 CBSE board?

I am studying in class 12 and the course that i chosen is BPC(biology,physics,chemistry).i am a kendriya vidyala student n i study CBSE syllabus. i want to know weather i could get admission in a medical collage if i could get 90 and above percentage.
i would be very greatful to you if u please answer my question.

Related Questions:
  1. Number of Attempts allowed in JEE Advanced for class 11 repeater?
  2. Is it possible to get admission in 12th standard under medical circumstances?
  3. Through which board a candidate can secure good marks in 12th among CBSE and Maharashtra Board? Is there any difference at the time of admission in Engineering or Medical field?
  4. Is it beneficial to change board from CBSE to state board? I've studied up to 5th std in Gujarati medium and shifted to CBSE -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can a student from Patna appear be eligible for admission in Tripura Medical College?
  6. CBSE or State Board, which is better for Medical aspirant?
  7. Process to change board in class 10th from CBSE to State Board?
  8. Number of Medical seats available in Gujarat for general CBSE students through NEET and GUJ-CET? How Medical Colleges calculate marks for admission?
  9. What should I choose among Private CBSE Board and UP Board if failed in 12th CBSE? Is it a barrier to get admission in B.Tech?
  10. CBSE Board and reference books for the preparation of 12th CBSE board exam?
  11. Can I get admission in management quota after scoring 86.4% in 12th?
  12. Which good college can I get after scoring 85.6% marks in class 12th CBSE board
  13. What percentage I have to achieve for admission in 11th CBSE if pursuing 10th MP Board?
  14. Is CBSE Board preparation is enough to appear in NEET? Cutoff marks required in NEET to apply for Medical College of Tamil Nadu for CBSE student?
  15. Can I join merchant navy after passing class 10th from CBSE board
  16. Will I get admission in medical colleges with 76% in CBSE board exam? Fee structure of the course?
  17. How should I prepare for board exam of CBSE class 12th to score more than 95%
  18. Admission to Class 10 CBSE in another state after passing 9th CBSE from another state?
8th April 2015, 11:37 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get admission in Medical college if score 90% in class 12 CBSE board?

In order to get admission in Medical colleges for the different undergraduate courses like MBBS, BDS etc, you need to appear for entrance exams and clear it with good rank.

For examples some of the entrance exams for Medical courses are:

1. All India Institute of Medical Science Entrance exam.

2. All India Premedical Test.

3. Armed Force Medical College entrance exam.

4. BHU MBBS entrance exam.

5. State Medical entrance exams.

Candidates who have done 10+2 or appearing for it from a recognized board with subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Biology are eligible to apply for the exam. For AIIMS, AIPMT minimum of 60% marks is needed in 10+2 in these subjects.

The minimum age for these exams is 17 years on 31st december of year of admission.

Based on % criteria, admission is only given in private medical colleges. Honestly and frankly speaking even if you secure 90% marks in 10+2, private medical colleges will ask for donation in large amount.

So, it would be better for you to prepare for the entrance exams and crack it so as to get admission in government medical colleges for your desired course.
9th April 2015, 04:31 PM
poojasingh151

Default Re: Can I get admission in Medical college if score 90% in class 12 CBSE board?

Firstly, Congratulation for scoring such a good marks in 12th CBSE board but sorry to say, you can't get admission in medical college through such score. Getting admission in medical college is not a easy task.
There are some protocols to get admission in Medical college:
1. You should prepare for the Medical Entrance Examination as this examination is one of the toughest exam and more competitive gradually like AIIMS, AIPMT, AFMC, AIPGDET etc..
2. This entrance exams are conducted throughout the year with different pattern.
3.Marks obtained in this exam helps in getting admission in the different medical degree college.
Criteria:
Candidtes should have at least 50 %marks in PCB i.e Physics, Chemistry, Biology.
Candidates shold be more 17 years.
Reserved Relaxation is 40 %for Scheduled classes and backward classes.
These are the top 5 Medical College of India:
1.AIIMS i.e All India Institute of Medical science, Delhi
2.Christian Medical College Vellore, Vellore.
3.Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi.
4.Armed Forces Medical College, Pune.
5.Kasturba Medical College , Manipal & Karnataka.
10th April 2015, 01:19 AM
Pwg_31
Senior Member+

You need to understand that the boards marks have nothing to do with your admission in the medical college. The marks will be there throughout your life, no doubt about it, therefore you have to give your heart and soul to score as much as you can.

But this fact can also not be denied that to get the admission you have to clear the Medical entrance exam. if you are thinking of a government college, then its a must to clear the exam. otherwise you can also get in private colleges but then there you have to bear with factors like high fee and donations.

So my advise would be that along with your boards, you also try to focus on entrance exams like-
1) All India Institute of Medical Science Entrance exam.
2) All India Premedical Test.
3)State Medical entrance exams.
10th April 2015, 05:15 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To be very frank, you cannot get admission in government medical colleges just on the basis of percentage of marks in 10+2 exam no matter whether you score even 95% marks in 10+2 in PCB subjects.

Yes, due to opening of private medical colleges, admission to such college is given on basis of % of marks but they charge so much admission fees.

For admission in top government medical colleges you will have to crack entrance exams held at national and state levels like

~~All Indian Pre Medical Test.

~~All India institute of Medical sciences entrance test

~~State level medical entrance exams.
12th April 2015, 09:09 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Admission in the medical colleges are generally not taken on the basis of board results .You have to apply for different entrance examination conducted by CBSE , state board and even by the colleges to get admission there .

So you apply for it and scoring 90% in the board examination is not an easy task so you will definitely qualify in the entrance examination .

Some of the entrance examination are :-

AIIMS .
AFMC .
AIPMT .

and all the states conducts examination for admission in there government colleges .
28th March 2016, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

my son date of birth is 10.02.2004.Now he is going to 7th to 8th CBSE, his age is correct for standard and any problem held in 10th, 12th or college admissions?
23rd May 2016, 08:13 PM
Unregistered

i have scored 93.6 % in pcb in cbse board 2016 now since i belong frm a poor family so i can't take admission in coaching classes can i get admission in a medical cllg with board marks
7th January 2020, 11:08 AM
shanelowney
Junior Member+

Yes, you can apply to Caribbean Medical University for MD Degree program. All Saints University offers a Doctor of Medicine Degree program without any entrance exam test.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?