11th April 2015, 12:31 PM
Unregistered

Can I do journalism course after B.Com Gradutaion?

I am doing my B.COM in last year, can i do journalism course after my graduation. Gave me the proper information. Will it really help for me to get a good job? What are the formalities which need to be followed for joining the course? Is everyone eligible for it or not?

11th April 2015, 08:36 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I do journalism course after B.Com Gradutaion?

Yes, you can opt for LLB course after B.Com graduation.

Eligibility criteria for LLB :

Candidate must have graduation from any recognised university in any discipline.

Candidate must have score more than 55% in his graduation. Relaxation is provided for reserved categories as per government norms.

Candidate have to apply for CLAT examination to get admission in good college.

Syllabus for CLAT :
  • Mathematics
  • General English
  • General knowledge
  • Legal aptitude and logical reasoning

Best LLB colleges in India :
  • National law university
  • Amity law school
  • University of banglore
  • Chanakya law college
  • MS Ramiah college of law
  • Army institute of law
11th April 2015, 11:43 PM
harishydv
Senior Member+

* Yes, the graduate from B.com is eligible for doing Journalism Course. Graduate from any stream are eligible to opt for journalism course.

* Journalism career prospects is very bright for the candidates with professional degree in Journalism.

* A large number of Newspapers, TV channels and Magazines were mark their presence in the Indian media world.

* The Institutes offers Journalism course will conduct the Entrance test. The Entrance Examination for Journalism course will conduct usually in the month of May- July Every Year.
12th April 2015, 06:30 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes,you are eligible to do journalism course after completing graduation in Commerce.

To become a journalist one has to pass any one of the following

B.A( Hons ) Journalism (News)
B.A( Hons ) Journalism (broadcast)
B.A( Hons )Journalism (Multimedia)
Diploma in Journalism
B.Sc. in Journalism
P.G. in Journalism

The procedure to become a journalist are following:-

- The Eligibility criteria to become a Journalist is that you should be 12th pass in any stream from a recognized university.

- The candidate must have scored at least 60% marks in aggregate in the 12th class to join any good college.

-The candidate must have good communication skills and linguistic skills and writing skills and listening skills.

-The Entrance exam of various journalism institutes usually held in the month from May to July every year.

-The exam process consists of a Written test followed by Group discussions and Interview.

-The candidate should have good command over current affairs.
11th May 2016, 07:48 PM
Unregistered

I am a Bcom graduate.I am interested in journalism.I am interested in collecting the news specially about history,sports,movies,stars even I want to travel explore.I am very talkativeand interested in writing articles.so please suggest me the right path to enter in to this carrer.
14th May 2016, 04:38 PM
raghav59

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing my B.COM in last year, can i do journalism course after my graduation. Gave me the proper information. Will it really help for me to get a good job? What are the formalities which need to be followed for joining the course? Is everyone eligible for it or not?
Yes definitely you can join journalism after 12 and for that you only need your intermediate certificates. You can join BJMC course. Talking about the scope and demand of the journalism professionals, you can see that practically that demand is quite high and every organization needs a kind of that. You need to get a good university platform as it plays vital role in kick starting your career.
21st November 2016, 09:45 PM
Unregistered

I am doing graduation in b.com hons I want to join journalism but spoil my 3 years again give me some Sol.and fees and gov.college
29th May 2017, 04:15 PM
Unregistered

I am student in b.com and there after my choosing journalism so average marks and admission marks whichever? Second question is best career is who like newspaper, radio, printing,magazine etc. Best subject suggest please
Rep fast please thankuuu my email id given and rep in them....
Purvipanchal8877@ gmail.com
8th June 2017, 03:45 PM
Unregistered

Which is the entrance exam i should opt for to do journalism after my b. Com
28th August 2017, 12:52 PM
Unregistered

I am pursuing B.com 3rd year from delhi university(sol), and i wanna make career in media and journalism. Suggest me about this career what should i do after completion of my B.com, suggest me some course of media and journalism
21st April 2018, 05:42 PM
iamssuhana

Yes you can do this.Mass Communication and Journalism is a 2-year course pursued after the successful completion of the graduation (any stream) recognized university with a minimum aggregate score of 50%.
I am enlisting a few good colleges which are known for their quality eduaction and placements.

Indian Institute of Mass Communication (IIMC) Delhi

Indian Institute of Journalism & New Media, Bangalore (IIJNM)

Xavier's Institute of Communication (XIC), Mumbai

Lovely Professional Universsity (LPU) Punjab

School of Social Science, University of Solapur

Delhi University,

Jawaharlal Nehru University,

Department of Journalism and Mass Communication, BHU

Department of Communication and Journalism, Pune

Asian College of Journalism (ACJ)
23rd January 2019, 05:24 PM
Unregistered

Hello, I completed my bcom with 57% of marks and I got 50% in 12th. So is I am eligible for doing PG diploma in mass communication or journalism?
15th June 2021, 01:48 PM
Unregistered

Can a MCJ holder definitely get a job as journalist?
21st June 2021, 10:17 PM
Singhskomal

Definitely you can get admission in journalism course after your bachelor's degree in commerce. You can get master's degree in journalism and mass communication (MJMC).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?