11th April 2015, 10:26 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to attend campus placement with 57% marks in 12th?

Sir/Mam,

I have got 68% in 10 and 57% in 12 and 65% in my btech cs...sir can I sit in my campus placement as only my 12 marks are poor....and can I sit for tcs and pooled campus campanies who have mentioned their criteria throughout 60% in 10 12 and btech....sir plzz give me direction and suitable advice...and I am eagerly waiting for your reply plz reply as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to attend campus placement with 56.8% in 12th?
  2. Can one appear for TCS interview within 6 months(probation period)?
  3. Am I eligible to attend campus placement with 57% marks in 12th? -- [New]
  4. Am I eligible to site in campus placement with 60% above throughout studies?
  5. Can I attend any campus placement after studying in B.E(CS)?
  6. Will I be eligible for campus placement if I got less than 60% in 12th?
  7. Am I eligible for campus placement with 80% marks in MCA?
  8. Am i eligible for campus placement after scoring 56% in 12th
  9. Am I eligible for placement on campus after scoring 59.08% in 10th, 69% in 12th, 76% in BCA and 68% aggregate in MCA? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. When is the placement in VIT, Off Campus? Can I be eligible to attend for off campus in VIT? I have completed B.E in St Peters University Chennai
  11. Am I eligible for Campus Placements having secured 76.16% in 10th, 59.66% in 12th and 88.2% in BE?
  12. Am I eligible to attend the campus placement in WIPRO after securing 59%? I have finished BSc Physics
  13. Am I eligible for campus placement with 60% marks average?
  14. Eligibility for campus placement? How should I approach for my career?
  15. Am I eligible for campus placement after scoring 86% in 10th, 81% in 12th and 60% in all semester
  16. Am I eligible for campus placement? I've 54% in 10th, 67% in 12th and 79% marks in B.Tech
  17. Am I eligible to attend L&T Infotech On-Campus Interview if secured 78% in 10th, 57.88% in 12th and 72% in B.E.?
  18. Am I eligible for software MNC companies placements with 59.1% marks in 12th?
12th April 2015, 11:30 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to attend campus placement with 57% marks in 12th?

No, you are not eligible to apply for TCS campus interview because you have not obtained 60% marks in your 10th std. Minimum Academic qualification to apply for TCS selection process is that candidate should have completed bachelor's degree from a recognized Institution or equivalent qualification. The candidate must have secured at least 60% and above marks in 10th, 12th, graduation and/or post-graduation. So, you are not eligible to apply for TCS. But don't worry there is a lot companies offering the off-campus placement. Try to improve your aptitude and technical skills to get off-campus placements.
12th April 2015, 08:13 PM
aide006

Arrow Re: Am I eligible to attend campus placement with 57% marks in 12th?

No. You cannot sit for companies which have clearly specified 60% as their minimum cutoff throughout academics. All Tier I companies like TCS expects its applicants to be a minimum of 60% scores throughout.

You can think of writing AMCAT which is an aptitude exam and it will remove some initial hurdles if you clear it with a good score. After gaining certain experience you can move into Big companies where packages will be high and work environment will be exuberant.

I sincerely would like to take your career choices seriously. Don't give everything a try. Learn one or two technologies perfectly if you want to enter into software field. There are lot of good coaching institutes which can mentor you decently.

There are even some top companies which will give the right talent due respect irrespective of their past (some time back in 12th class) academic scores.

Stay motivated. Go through good websites which shows you right path to excel in software field. Do some serious learning at this stage of career. You will thank me later for doing it now.

I can confidently say that getting a software job is not really tough. If you think it is tough you will never get it. Just build your skills. Perform well in interview. Don't expect high packages initially. Once you get some good exposure and experience. You can get some unbelievable packages. All comes with experience and hard-work.
12th April 2015, 08:52 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to attend campus placement even though you have less than 60 percentage in your 12th. There are many companies who have a criteria as - Career aggregate 60% to be eligible for their recruitment drive. So you will not be eligible for those companies. However, there are companies who have 50% as their eligibility criteria. So you can sit in their recruitment drives. Apart from these, there are companies like Accenture, Cognizant who give relaxation of 5% from 60% in any one between 10th and 12th. So if they come to your college, then you can appear in their recruitment drives.
13th April 2015, 12:22 AM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to attend the campus drives.

The eligibility criteria varies from company to company. The basic and minimum eligibility criteria is as follows:

1. Candidate must have passed graduation with a minimum aggregate of 60%.

2. Candidate must have passed class 10 and class 12 with a minimum aggregate of 60% from a recognized school.

3. There should be be no active backlogs.

* As if the companies have mentioned the percentage to attend the interview, then you have to stick to it. If you are very good in technical, communication and interpersonal skills then the company will not leave you. So, better to go and sit in the pool campus drive as they will not ask for your certificates at the time of the interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?