23rd April 2015, 01:03 AM
Unregistered

Detailed procedure to join Indian Police Service?

Respected Sir,
I want to apply for Indian Police Service.
Please advice me what is the complete
procedure of Indian Police Service joining?
Kindly reply to me asap.

26th April 2015, 09:03 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Default Re: Detailed procedure to join Indian Police Service?

Indian Police Service Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission once in a year. To become an IPS officer, you need to crack the civil service examination. Civil Service Examination notification ia not yet released. You can expect the notification in the month of May or June in the official website of UPSC as well as Employment newspaper.

Eligibility:

-Applicant should be citizen of India.
-Applicant should have completed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.
-Those who are studying in the final year of degree course may also apply.
-Applicant age should be between 21 years to 32 years as on 1st august of the year of examination.
-Age relaxation is applicable for reserved categories.
-Applicant should be physically and mentally strong while appearing for this examination.

How to apply:

There is no offline mode of applications. Only online mode of application forms are available. The applicants are required to apply online by using the following official website: www.upsconline.nic.in. The online application forms are available at the time of notification. The cost of application form is Rs.100/-

The selection process will be made through preliminary examination, main examination, personal interview and physical test. More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in
26th April 2015, 09:58 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

To join in Indian Police Service, you need to appear in IPS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and the maximum age should not exceed more than 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable in case of reserved category candidates.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IPS examination notification.

Selection Procedure :-
1. Preliminary Examination
2.Mains Examination
3. Personal Interview

By qualifying in all the rounds of IPS examination, you can join in Indian Police Service.
26th April 2015, 10:30 AM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

It is a very good news and I think you are very passionate about your career. So definitely we will give you the useful information about the Indian Police Service Examination.

Actually Civil's Examination is the Gate way for IPS. Since with Civil's Examination only you can get IPS officer Post. For this you have to fulfills the some requirements/Eligibility criteria of UPSC.

In fact UPSC conducts the Civil's Examination once in every year in the month of July/August. So you have to be very sincere about the Examination. The reason behind it is there are very restricted Number of attempts for some categorized students.

Eligibility Criteria for Civil's :

1.You should complete graduation from the recognized university in any stream.

2.There is No percentage requirement.

3.Minimum Age limit :21 years

Maximum Age limit : 30 years

4.Age relaxation will be applicable for the reserved candidates like for OBC --3 years, For SC/ST --- 5 years.

Important date for the Civil's :

--> Date of Notification : 16/05/2015

--> Last date to fill the application form : 12/06/2015

--> Date of Prelims : 23/08/2015

--> Date of Mains : 18/12/2015.
26th April 2015, 05:34 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I want to apply for Indian Police Service.
Please advice me what is the complete
procedure of Indian Police Service joining?
Kindly reply to me asap.
Procedure for Indian Police Service exam:-

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

IPS stands for Indian Police Service. IPS exam is conducted by UPSC through civil service exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction
27th April 2015, 07:40 PM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Hello Friend,

Well mentioned below is the full and detail information about the Indian Police Services and procedure to join the Indian Police Service.

Joining Indian Police Service is one of the prestigious moment for every candidate who gets success in achieving this dream.

But its not an easy nut to crack as in order to join the Indian police Services, you need to crack the infamous and most prestigious Civil Services Exam.

The Union Public Service Commission [UPSC] conducts the Civil Services Exam every year for the selection of really talented candidates in the following section of Indian Services :

>> Indian Administrative Service

>> Indian Police Service

>> Indian Foreign Service.

Lacs of candidates appear in this exam every year but very few of them get success in cracking it [nearly 1k].

The Eligibility Criteria Set by UPSC for Civil Services Examination are :

>> You must have secured a Bachelor`s Degree in any stream from any recognized university.

>> Your age must lie as per your respective category :

a) General Candidates : 27-30 years

b) OBC Candidates : 27-33 years

c) SC/ST Candidates : 27-35 years

>> You must have Indian Nationality.

>> Both Male and Female candidates are eligible for this exam.

What makes Civil Services Examination, a tough one, is its phases in which it is conducted. The various phases are :

1) Preliminary Test

2) MAINS Exam

3) Personal Interview

You need to crack all the three phases in order to join the Indian Police Services.

This is the information I have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
15th November 2017, 06:16 PM
Onlyforme

Indian Police Service examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) every year.

Educational qualification of IPS examination is as follows:-

1. Completion of bachelor degree from any recognized institute.

2. Age :- 27-30 years.

3 Age Relaxation:- 3 year for OBC and 5 years for S CX/ ST candidates.

4. Nationality:- Indian.

5. Sex:- Both Male and Female.

Procedure to join Indian Police Service is mentioned below:-

1. Preliminary examination.

2. Mains examination.

3. Physical examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?