27th April 2015, 05:22 PM

Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?

Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream? What would be the minimum eligibility criteria they will ask for joining Merchant Navy? Can someone please provide me the information as soon as possible. Awaiting that someone will reply for sure. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. What are the jobs for girls after 12th Arts stream(Merchant Navy)?
  2. What can I do to join Indian Merchant Navy after clearing 12th in Arts stream?
  3. Can I get Merchant navy in seaman or deck cadet after passing 12th with Arts stream? I have scored 40% in 12th
  4. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  5. Merchant Navy eligibility for 12th Arts Stream Students?
  6. How can I join Merchant Navy after completing 12th Arts
  7. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  8. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  9. Can I join Merchant Navy after 12th?
  10. Can I join Airforce or Merchant Navy after completion of 12th commerce?
  11. How can I join Merchant Navy with commerce stream? I have passed 12th HSc exam
  12. Can I join Merchant Navy after 12th Arts and earn decent money?
  13. Can I get Job in Merchant Navy after completion of 12th class with Commerce stream?
  14. Can I get job in Merchant Navy after the completion of 12th with Commerce stream and without Maths?
  15. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of B.E? I am studying in 12th grade
  17. Am I eligible for Merchant Navy course after the completion of BE in CSE?
  18. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
27th April 2015, 08:50 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?

Sorry to state you that you are not eligible for joining merchant navy being an arts stream student in your senior secondary level education as the stream for this wing of NDA is Science with Physics , Chemistry and Mathematics as the main subjects .

But if you are keen to be a part of defense field after your 12th then you have the option of Indian Army one of the wings of NDA for which you are required to have few more qualifications as given below :-

*Your age must be within 16.5 years to 19 years .

*You must be an unmarried male candidate with nationality of India .

*The physical and mental fitness are required too for the same .

NDA stands for National Defense Academy and the same examination is conducted twice every year by Union Public Service Commission .

The NDA has three wings which are Indian Army , Indian Navy and Indian Air force .

The examination is conducted into two steps which are as Written examination and SSB interview for which you will have to qualify for written examinations at must .

For more information log on to the official link of UPSC i,e; www.upsc.gov.in .
27th April 2015, 10:16 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

No, you can't join Merchant Navy after completion of 12th in Arts Stream.

The eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy are as under:-

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 class or equivalent with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from a recognized board.

-The age limit to apply is 16 years to 25 years.

-Candidates should be physically and Mentally strong, fit for sea-services under standard norms

-Only unmarried male and female candidate can apply for Merchant Navy.

-The candidate eye sight should be 6/6 without glasses.The candidate should not suffer from color blindness.

-The exam is conducted in different stages.These are;

*Written Exam.

*Physical Test

* Medical Test

*Personality Interview.
27th April 2015, 11:58 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream? What would be the minimum eligibility criteria they will ask for joining Merchant Navy? Can someone please provide me the information as soon as possible. Awaiting that someone will reply for sure. Thank you!
No, you are not eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Eligibility criteria for Merchant Navy exam-

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.

Physical criteria:-

• Eye Sight = 6/6
• Height = 167 cms
• Weight = 50 Kg
• Chest = 77 cm (Normal) / 82 cm (Expanding)
28th April 2015, 03:52 PM
sohangoriya
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream.

For join navy through NDA exam candidate must have completed 10+2 with PCM subjects from a recognized board.

There is no minimum marks required for NDA Examination .

Candidate should be an Indian citizen.

Age limit:-

Age should be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

There is No age relaxation for reserved categories in this exam.
26th April 2019, 10:12 PM
Unregistered

Accoding to the latest updates humanities students can join merchant navy after 12 ,by doing the course of gp rating or dns and stcw course and by getting cdc
You are eligible for your dream
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?