22nd May 2011, 03:04 PM
Dhanishasim

What should I do to become a commercial jet pilot?

Am a science students with subjects as physics, chem, and bio, but i see dat in order to become a pilot we need math also. I wanna become a commercial jet pilot, wat shud I do? Pls help me

21st September 2011, 12:36 AM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to become a commercial jet pilot?

A great choice to be a Pilot for the service of India.

for this you have to follow some criteria:
1:You should pass 10+2 with Physics,Math,Chemistry scoring minimum 50% marks.

2:You have to join any Air Flying School.

3:You should be 17 years of age.

4:You have to qualify the first step in Pilot training is achieving of Student Pilot Licence (SPL). then you can start flight training to get Private Pilot Licence (PPL).

There are so many admission test to get admission. one of the most important examination is that Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam, is generally conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) to recuirt the Indian Military Academy(IMA), Officers Training Academy(OTA), Naval Academy and [B]Air Force Academy(AFA)[/B]

Flying branch as pilot will be selected through Short Service Commission for men & women

i)19 to 23 years
ii)19 to 25 years for CPL Holders which is issued by DGCA ,India.
Upper age limit is relaxed up to 25 years.

Marital Status:
You have to be Single.

Nationality:
You have to be Indian

Men and women can apply for the examination.

Educational Qualifications

1:You have to be Graduate of 3 years course in any discipline from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

or
You should have a degree of BE / B Tech of 4 years course from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.

2. Final year students can also apply,having no backlog and minimum 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year's semesters.

Generally,the notice is published in the month of March and September every year.

they offer some important courses like:

1:Flight Test Engineer Course (Fixed / Rotary Wing / Avionics / Instrumentation)

2:Pilot Attack Instructors Course

3:Fighter Combat Leader Course

4:

keep visiting the official site:http://careerairforce.nic.in/career_...ly_branch.html

Another option is NDA(National Defence Academy) exam.

OthereInstitutions:

1:The Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRAU) is the Premier flying institute in India.

2:West Bengal Flying Training Institute, Behala,Kolkata
3:Jamshedpur Co-operative Flying Club Ltd. Sonari Aerodrome, Jamshedpur, Bihar

4:Nagpur Flying Club, Sonegaon Aerodrome, Nagpur, MAharashtra
5:Government Flying Training School, Jakkur Aerodrome, Yelahanka Post, Bangalore

6:Coimbatore Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
7:Assam Flying Club, Guwahati Airport, Guwahati

8:Academy of Carver Aviation Pvt. Ltd.Doddanavar Trade Centre
9:Sahara India Aviation Academy 249/250, Block A, Road No.6, National Highway No. 8, Mahipalpur (Near I.G International Airport) New Delhi
10:Flytech Aviation Academy, 102, AI-Kauser, Road No. 10, West Maredpally, Secunderaba
6th November 2011, 12:33 AM
Unregistered

which of the commercial pilot and IAF pilot is better for a career?
7th March 2012, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

I am the student of class 12th in non-med stream, want to become a pilot.what i have to do primarily? Plz.suggest me...
18th July 2012, 06:36 PM
Unregistered

Smile Re: What should I do to become a commercial jet pilot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanishasim View Post
Am a science students with subjects as physics, chem, and bio, but i see dat in order to become a pilot we need math also. I wanna become a commercial jet pilot, wat shud I do? Pls help me
what should i do to become a commercial pilot?
15th January 2013, 08:41 PM
denwer1

A great choice to be a Pilot for the service of India.

for this you have to follow some criteria:
1:You should pass 10+2 with Physics,Math,Chemistry scoring minimum 50% marks.

2:You have to join any Air Flying School.

3:You should be 17 years of age.

4:You have to qualify the first step in Pilot training is achieving of Student Pilot Licence (SPL). then you can start flight training to get Private Pilot Licence (PPL).

There are so many admission test to get admission. one of the most important examination is that Combined Defense Services (CDS) Exam, is generally conducted twice a year by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) to recuirt the Indian Military Academy(IMA), Officers Training Academy(OTA), Naval Academy and Air Force Academy(AFA)

Flying branch as pilot will be selected through Short Service Commission for men & women

i)19 to 23 years
ii)19 to 25 years for CPL Holders which is issued by DGCA ,India.
Upper age limit is relaxed up to 25 years.

Marital Status:
You have to be Single.

Nationality:
You have to be Indian

Men and women can apply for the examination.

Educational Qualifications

1:You have to be Graduate of 3 years course in any discipline from a recognised university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level.

or
You should have a degree of BE / B Tech of 4 years course from a recognized university with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in all papers put together.

2. Final year students can also apply,having no backlog and minimum 60 % aggregate marks in the previous year's semesters.

Generally,the notice is published in the month of March and September every year.

they offer some important courses like:

1:Flight Test Engineer Course (Fixed / Rotary Wing / Avionics / Instrumentation)

2:Pilot Attack Instructors Course

3:Fighter Combat Leader Course

4:

keep visiting the official site:http://careerairforce.nic.in/career_...ly_branch.html

Another option is NDA(National Defence Academy) exam.

OthereInstitutions:

1:The Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Uran Akademi (IGRAU) is the Premier flying institute in India.

2:West Bengal Flying Training Institute, Behala,Kolkata
3:Jamshedpur Co-operative Flying Club Ltd. Sonari Aerodrome, Jamshedpur, Bihar

4:Nagpur Flying Club, Sonegaon Aerodrome, Nagpur, MAharashtra
5:Government Flying Training School, Jakkur Aerodrome, Yelahanka Post, Bangalore

6:Coimbatore Flying Club, Civil Aerodrome, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu
7:Assam Flying Club, Guwahati Airport, Guwahati

8:Academy of Carver Aviation Pvt. Ltd.Doddanavar Trade Centre
9:Sahara India Aviation Academy 249/250, Block A, Road No.6, National Highway No. 8, Mahipalpur (Near I.G International Airport) New Delhi
10:Flytech Aviation Academy, 102, AI-Kauser, Road No. 10, West Maredpally, Secunderaba

23rd May 2015, 01:46 AM
Unregistered

I HAVE TAKEN PCM WITH CS IN CLASS 11 AND WANT TO BECOME A COMMERCIAL JET PILOT (BECAUSE MY EYES ARE WEAK AND NOT FIT FOR IAF) . CAN I TRY?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?