8th May 2015, 12:31 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc botany with 52% marks?

I am MSC Botany having 52% marks is it possible to do PHD at present i am principal in government inter college? Can someone please provide me the information on this What would be the minimum criteria they will look for doing Ph.D course? Thanks for your answers in advance!

8th May 2015, 04:31 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Ph.D after completion of M.Sc botany with 52% marks?

According to eligibility criteria for Ph.D admission you must have at least 55% marks from recognized University. For reserved category there is relaxation of 5% marks and they need minimum 50% marks in their Master's degree.

Hence, it will be difficult to get admission in Ph.D if you belong to general category in India. If you belong to reserved category then you can apply for admission without any worries. The admission is mainly based on entrance exam and interview. Those who have NET/SLET/GATE score are eligible for direct interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?