12th May 2015, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to become IPS officer after completion of B.Sc degree with 45% marks?

Sir/Mam,

I am souvik acharya. I am a b.sc(hons) degree holder. i want to join ips. but i have scored around 45% in graduation. i want to know, can i become an ips officer with such a percentage? will it affect the interview? Can someone please let me know on the same?

plz help.

12th May 2015, 07:51 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become IPS officer after completion of B.Sc degree with 45% marks?

Yes, you are certainly eligible to become IPS Officer after completion of B.Sc course with 45% marks. I am happy to say that "There is NO minimum percentage required" to be eligible for appearing in IPS Examination. As there is no percentage criteria, you can definitely apply for IPS Officer Examination. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible is "Minimum Graduation or Bachelor Degree" in any discipline from a recognized university. No your 45% marks in B.Sc does affect your chances of selection as an IPS officer. The selection basically depends upon the marks secured by you in CSAT Preliminary Exam, Mains and Interview and not the marks secured in Graduation.

Educational Qualification required to be eligible for CSAT Exam:

>> Candidates must have passed "Degree" of a recognized university or its equivalent qualification.

>> Candidates appearing in the requisite degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination.
12th May 2015, 08:43 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to become IPS officer after completion of B.Sc degree with 45% marks?

Yes, you are eligible to become an IPS officer after completion of your B.Sc degree with an aggregate of 45% marks fro a recognised university. To become an IPS officer, you need to appear in Indian Civil Services examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. To be eligible to appear in IPS examination, you must have to satisfy the eligibility criteria mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have obtained a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must have attained the minimum age of 21 years and must not have crossed the maximum age of 30 years. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

Selection Procedure :-
There are two stages in the civil services examination :-
1. Preliminary Examination
2. Mains Examination
3. Personal Interview

Candidates who have qualified in Preliminary Examination are eligible to appear in Mains Examination and those who qualify in Mains Examination are called for personal interview and candidates who qualify in all the rounds are finally selected into Indian Police Services.
12th May 2015, 10:19 AM
Bestanswerer
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam,

I am souvik acharya. I am a b.sc(hons) degree holder. i want to join ips. but i have scored around 45% in graduation. i want to know, can i become an ips officer with such a percentage? will it affect the interview? Can someone please let me know on the same?

plz help.
Yes, you are eligible to apply for the IPS exam after completing the graduation with 45% of marks. Actually, there is no any minimum marks required for the IPS entrance exam. So, please don't worry your percentage of marks will not affect at the time of Interview. Prepare well for the entrance exam and Interview as well then definitely you may become an IPS officer for sure.

If you want to become an IPS officer then you must appear and qualify in the Civil Service entrance exam, which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every year. Let's see the basic eligibility criteria required for IPS exam.

The applicant must complete Bachelor degree any concerned stream from a recognized university and final year graduate students are eligible.

Applicants age should be in between 21-30 years for general candidate and Upper age relaxation for OBC candidate is 3 years and for SC/ST candidate is 5 years.

Official website - http://www.upsc.gov.in/
12th May 2015, 10:48 AM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

Not like that. Don't worry about your percentage. They will check your prelims performance and main performance. They won't consider your graduate marks. If you are performed well in Interview, then definitely you will be selected.

Eligibility Criteria for IPS:

The candidate should have passed degree course in any discipline from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. No percentage bar is there to apply for IPS examination. Minimum Qualifying marks is enough to appear for this examination. The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years as on 1st August of the year of examination. Upper age limits are applicable for reserved categories.

The official notification of IPS will be published in the month of June or July in the official website of UPSC as well as employment newspaper. More details, visit the official website: www.upsc.gov.in
12th May 2015, 11:00 AM
harishydv
Senior Member+

The Indian Police services is one of the most prestigious services in India. The IPS Exam is the part of civil service Exam conducted by the union Public Service commission.

Eligibility to apply for IPS Exam:

* The candidate must be an Indian Citizen.

* The candidate should be between the age of 21 to 30 Years on or before 1st of August of the year of Examination.

* The candidate should have completed his/her graduation from any University from any country.

If you meet the above requirements then you are eligible to apply for the IPS Examination.
12th May 2015, 12:22 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

No dear there is No requirement of percentage in graduation for total selection. It will not affect the interview with less percentage of marks. And they only consider the marks in the Mains and Interview.

During interview they will only see the "Attitude , Hard work and Passion on choosing that career " .They will not consider the percentage in graduation to calculate the Interview marks.

Interview performance will be based on the " Way of Talking and the knowledge on the current topics etc., "

More over you have to be concentrate more on score marks in Mains and Interview. In fact Prelims is of only the qualifying nature.

So hope you understand the importance of percentage in graduation for Civil's Examination.

With this score you will have a chance to apply for IAS, IPS and Indian Foreign Services.
12th May 2015, 12:50 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to become IPS officer after completion of B.Sc degree with 45% marks.
To become IPS officer you have to apply for Civil Service Exams and there is no minimum marks criteria to apply for Civil Service Exams.

Eligibility to become IPS :

Education Qualification : Candidate have to pass graduation degree from any recognised university in any stream.

Age Limit : 21 to 30 years.
Relaxation of age is also provided as per government norms. Relaxation of 3 years for OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidate is provided.

For more details visit : http://www.upsc.gov.in

Please find the attachment for the syllabus.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Civil Service Exam Syllabus.pdf(155.3 KB, 32 views)
12th May 2015, 01:18 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Candidates who have completed their graduation in any discipline are eligible to appear for IPS exam, which was conducted by UPSC. And there is no any specific percentage requirement, which a candidate has to satisfy to appear for IPS exam. So, you can appear for IPS exam, even if you have completed your graduation with 45% of marks.

Eligibility Criteria:-
1. Candidate must be a citizen of India.
2. Candidate should have completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized institution/university.
3. Candidate age should be above 21 years and below 30 years, whereas candidates belonging to reserved categories are eligible for age relaxation.
i)OBC - 3 years
ii)SC and ST - 5 years
12th May 2015, 02:41 PM
amanshrivastava98

The posts of IAS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.
12th May 2015, 03:53 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

plz help.
Yes, you are eligible for IPS exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 4 attempts
For ST/SC category:- 7 attempts

Physical fitness criteria for IPS exam:-

Height

For Men : 165 cm(AROUND)
For Women :150 cm(AROUND)

OBC /SC/ST :

Male:160 cm and female :145 cm

Chest

Male candidates-84 (+ 5cm).

Female candidates-79cm(+ 5cm).

Eye Sight

For Worse Eye :6/12 or 6/9 distant vision
For good Eye :6/6 or 6/9 distant vision
12th May 2015, 07:57 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Quote:
Sir/Mam,

plz help.
Yes you can become IPS officer. It is one of the prestigious and respective post. For this you need apply IPS entrance exam. Before that you need to fulfill the IPS eligibility criteria:- 1) age limit:- 21-30 years. 2)should have graduate passed certificate from recognised university in any stream. 3)height:- 165 cm for men & 150 cm for women. 4)total amount of myopia should not be more than minus 4D. 5)total amount of hypermetropia should not be more than plus 4D. 6) should be medically fine.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?