17th May 2015, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

What should I study after completing 12th to become an IAS Officer? Minimum marks required in 10th and 12th to join IAS?

Sir,
I want to know that in 10th class how
much marks I need and in 12th class
for joining IAS. After doing 12th what
I should do to become IAS Officer?
Please guide me.

19th May 2015, 09:40 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study after completing 12th to become an IAS Officer? Minimum marks required in 10th and 12th to join IAS?

No minimum marks in 10th and 12th are required to join IAS. To become an IAS officer, you need to appear in IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. Candidates who have completed Graduation degree in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in IAS examination. Since, you have completed 12th standard, you need to pursue Graduation course to be eligible to appear in IAS examination.
19th May 2015, 12:37 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I study after completing 12th to become an IAS Officer? Minimum marks required in 10th and 12th to join IAS?

You can join in any Bachelor's degree course, because candidates who have completed their graduation in any discipline are eligible to appear for IAS exam. So, try to join in Bachelor's course in which you are interested. I suggest you to choose any Bachelor's course like B.Com, BCA, etc., because if you can join in these courses, you can get more time to prepare for IAS exams.
There is no any minimum percentage, which you have to gain in your 10th, 12th standard and graduation, because the examination has not specified any percentage requirement. But, it is better to have at least 60% or above 70% to increase your chances of selection in Interview round.
19th May 2015, 01:26 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

As IAS stands for Indian Administrative service which is the most prestigious post. The minimum eligibility criteria for applying the IAS post is aspirant must hold a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized Indian institute/ university. As there are no such minimum marks needed in class 12 and class 12 to be eligible to apply for the IAS post. As you have completed you class 12, opt for either engineering or degree filed to complete your graduation degree. After completion of your degree, apply for UPSC examination and if you are qualify in both the mains and prelims examination then you can get into the IAS post.
2nd July 2015, 04:45 PM
momtazz

To become an IAS officer after 12th you have to complete your graduate degree from the recognized university.

As far as minimum marks is concerned to be an IAS officer there is no stipulated marks is governed by the UPSC(Union Public Service Commission).

So it is clear a graduate from a recognized University in any stream having minimum pass marks can write UPSC conducted IAS entrance examination.

To get selection a candidate to clear:-

1.CSAT(Civil Services Aptitude Test.

2.IAS mains exam.

3.Interview.
29th July 2015, 12:30 AM
channu tiwari

Dear aspirant,
Just relax no minimum marks are required in 10 n 12th to apply for civil services examinations. Instead the minimum required eligibility is only graduation. Its good that you passed class 12th. Now b a graduate and try becoming ias .
Wishes for u.
Thanks
30th July 2015, 01:12 AM
pointer01

No any marks criteria of class 10th and 12th for appearing in IAS.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS-

Nationality- You must be an Indian.

Age Limits-A candidate must have attain the age of 21 years and must not be more than 32 years on 1 August,2015. Relaxation time is given to OBC and SC/ST candidates.

So, if you satisfy the above criteria then you can apply for IAS.
23rd August 2015, 03:44 PM
Unregistered

if a child want to be IAS officer after class 12 and he have the maximum talent then could he become a IAS officer without a bachelor degree or graduation ?
2nd January 2016, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

If a person puts his all efforts, to become an IAS officer but in condition he fails to become IAS so ,what should he do, and also the person is a girl.
9th May 2016, 10:11 PM
Unregistered

Sir,
I want to know that,how can I become an IAS officer,and what subjects should I prepare for this from class 7
13th May 2016, 05:56 PM
Unregistered

sir,
i want to know that what is benefitable to become an ias officer,taking medical stream or taking bachelor's degree like b.com
16th May 2016, 12:15 AM
Indian knowledge

For the ias addmission there is no much need of 12th marks. ot is different way. you have to take sepraye coaching for this examination. But if you have geography and politics such arts subject, these help you in ias prepration. there are two pre and main exam with an interview for ias exam.
3rd November 2016, 02:56 PM
Unregistered

I am in class 12th in sscienc stream . what is subject to read for be an IAS officer? Can I take admission after 12th
9th November 2016, 02:18 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

If you wish to apply for Indian Administrative Service, then first complete your graduation from a valid university & your age must be between 21 years to 32 years. What subjects you have,make yourself strong in that only. To become IAS you need to pass the preliminary exam, then written exam. For written exam you will get optional subjects to choose. If clear the both, would call for interview. So, study hard from now only & understand the each subject.
27th March 2017, 01:38 PM
srire

If IAS is your ultimate dream, you can start preparing while you pursue degree along with IAS coaching which saves your time that you invest extra time for IAS coaching after your graduation. Hence your can live in your dream get near to it soon. I am a student of Takshasila IAS Academy in Vijayawada. You can join any college providing Degree with IAS in your Vicinity. All the best
20th April 2017, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Sir I want to become a IAS officer but I do not study in recognized university so I am eligible for this??
24th July 2020, 09:02 PM
Unregistered

please inform mi/is there govt/IAS study collage with hostel facility/ WHERE FREE EDUCATION OF IAS STUDY IS AVAILABLE FROM GOVT OF MAHARASHTRA STATE?
21st September 2020, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

If I am in 8 class how should start the studies from now to become a collector.which subjects is easy for become a collector . And which degree is better.and how much percentage do We want to get I A S offercier . Tell me the study plan sir/ madam please
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?