17th May 2015, 03:46 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Indian Administrative Service after completing Diploma in ECE?

Hello Sir,
Myself Vishva Rathod. I am now 18 years old and studying in 3rd semester of Diploma in ECE after completed 12th Science with 59% marks. I want to join Indian Administrative Service after my Diploma course. So, please let me know that I am eligible for not for joining?

18th May 2015, 10:01 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Administrative Service after completing Diploma in ECE?

No, you are not eligible to appear in IAS (Indian Administrative Service) being a Diploma holder. Because the minimum educational qualification required is "Graduate Degree" or "Bachelor Degree" from a recognized university. As Diploma in ECE is not considered as a Bachelor Degree, I am really sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in IAS services conducted by Union Public Service Commission. You are required to write "CSAT" (Civil Services Aptitude Test) Examination in order to join IAS. And as far as your age is concerned, you are not eligible to appear in CSAT Examination being a 18 years old candidate. The minimum age required to join Indian Administrative Service is "21 years" and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years as on 1st August of the year of Exam. Hence I suggest you to pursue B.E/ B.Tech in ECE to be eligible for joining IAS Examination.

Educational Qualification required to join IAS:

>> Minimum Degree of a recognized university or Equivalent qualification

>> Candidates appearing in the requisite Degree qualification are also eligible for appearing in the examination.

Age Criteria: (As on 1st August of Year of Exam)

Minimum age - 21 years

Maximum age - 30 years
18th May 2015, 11:24 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Indian Administrative Service after completing Diploma in ECE?

You are not Eligible for IAS exam after Diploma course. IAS exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility criteria for IAS exam:

You should have passed a bachelor degree from a recognized university with passing marks.

You must be citizen of India.

Your age should be between 21-30 years.

Age Relaxation is given to reserved category students.

3 years for OBC students

5 years for SC/ST students

10 years for PH candidates

Number of Attempt:

5 attempts for General

7 Attempts for OBC

Selection Process:

Preliminary exam

Mains exam

Interview

For more information: www.upsc.gov.in
18th May 2015, 01:20 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
Myself Vishva Rathod. I am now 18 years old and studying in 3rd semester of Diploma in ECE after completed 12th Science with 59% marks. I want to join Indian Administrative Service after my Diploma course. So, please let me know that I am eligible for not for joining?
No, you are not eligible for IAS exam.

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. IAS exam is conducted by Union Public Service Commission. IAS exam is conducted one time in a year.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IAS exam.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 30 years
For OBC: 21 to 33 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 35 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 3
For OBC: 7
For SC/ST: No Restriction

Selection process for IAS exam:

1)Preliminary test
2)Mains exam
3)Personal interview

For more details about IAS exam please visit to official website www.upsc.gov.in
18th May 2015, 04:15 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

No, you cannot apply for IAS exam, after the completion of Diploma course, because candidates who have completed their graduation(in any discipline) are only eligible to appear for IAS exam. So, now you cannot appear for IAS exam. To appear for IAS exam, you should try to complete graduation in Bachelors course like B.E, B.Tech, etc.

Eligibility Criteria:-(for IAS exam)
1. Candidate must be a citizen of India.
2. Candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.
3. Candidate age must be above 21 years and below 30 years, whereas candidates belonging to reserved categories are eligible for age relaxation
18th May 2015, 10:13 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to join Indian Administrative Service after completion of your Diploma in ECE course. To join in Indian Administrative Services, you need to appear in IAS examination which is conducted by UPSC every year. The minimum educational qualification required to join Indian Administrative Service is completion of Graduation degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university. Eligibility criteria required to appear in Indian Administrative Service is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physically standards mentioned in the UPSC IAS examination notification.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?