22nd May 2015, 05:27 PM
Unregistered

Should I appear in GMAT to study MBA/PGDM in Abroad being a B.Tech(EIE) 2nd year candidate?

Sir,
I am doing my B.Tech in Electronics and
Instrumentation Engineering studying in 2nd year.
Can I prepare for GMAT for doing MBA/PGDM in Abroad?
It will be helpful for me?

23rd May 2015, 06:56 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I appear in GMAT to study MBA/PGDM in Abroad being a B.Tech(EIE) 2nd year candidate?

Yes, you can prepare for GMAT in order to pursue MBA/PGDM in abroad. GMAT is an important entrance exam to MBA course since most of the foreign institutes especially the ones in USA consider GMAT scores while selection of students during admission process. Apart from GMAT you need to prepare and appear in one English proficiency test between IELTS and TOEFL. GMAT along with one english proficiency test is essential for admission in foreign institutes to pursue MBA/PGDM course. Some study materials are attached. It will be better if you join some coaching institute as it needs a special type of preparation because you will be competing with the students across the globe.
Attached Files
File Type: zip GMAT.zip(118.3 KB, 12 views)
23rd May 2015, 09:26 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I appear in GMAT to study MBA/PGDM in Abroad being a B.Tech(EIE) 2nd year candidate?

Yes, you should prepare and you should appear for GMAT exam to pursue MBA/PGDM course in Abroad, because most of the foreign universities offers MBA admissions by considering GMAT score of the applicants and even this course will help you to get scholarships and assistant-ships. So, I suggest you to complete GMAT exam with good score.

GMAT Exam Pattern:-
GMAT exam pattern is as follows

1. Analytical Writing Assessment:
This section consists of two short essays, which are to be written in 30 minutes each. The first is the Analysis of an Issue and the second essay is Analysis of an Argument

2. Quantitative section :
In this section there are mathematical problems on, Arithmetic, Problem Solving and Data Sufficiency.

3. Verbal section:
In verbal section, the questions are related to Sentence Correction, Critical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?