22nd May 2015, 11:25 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligibile for JEE MAINS 2016?

I completed my 10+2 exams this year with 72% from ISC, WITH 60% IN PCM.
CHEM=55
PHY=66
MATHS=59
I want to give a re-examination from NIOS to improve my results.
So after improvement from NIOS will my NIOS marks be counted to calculate me percentile and rank in JEE Main and Advanced 2016?
And will I be eligible?
Please help!

23rd May 2015, 09:33 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligibile for JEE MAINS 2016?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CHEM=55
PHY=66
MATHS=59
So after improvement from NIOS will my NIOS marks be counted to calculate me percentile and rank in JEE Main and Advanced 2016?
And will I be eligible?
Please help!
Yes, you are eligible for JEE Mains exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Mains exam 2016. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
23rd May 2015, 10:20 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

JEE Exam eligibility criteria :

Pass Percentage in Qualifying Examination:

**candidates must have studied Physics,Mathematics as compulsory subjects

**They must have studied any one of the subjects as optional subjects (Chemistry, Bio-technology, Computer Science, Biology)
& They must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in total including all subjects

Date of Birth:

**Candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1991 to be considered for the JEE Main 2016.

Number of Allowed attempts:

**A maximum number of three attempts will be allowed per candidate .
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FAQ.pdf(64.9 KB, 103 views)
23rd May 2015, 08:28 PM
mxsiva4u
Senior Member+++++

JEE Mains Eligibility Criteria

You must have studied Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics, compulsorily.

You must have studied any one of the subjects as optional subjects – Chemistry, Computer Science, Biology and Bio-technology.

You must have secured minimum 50% marks in total in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM).

General category candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1991 to be eligible for JEE Main 2015.

SC/ST/PwD candidates must be born on or after October 1, 1986.

So, you are eligible for this examination. You will be called for Advanced level, if you pass Mains examination.

For more details : jeemain.nic.in/
23rd May 2015, 10:18 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes , you are eligible to appear for the JEE 2016 examination which is conducted by the CBSE every year for the candidates who want to pursue B.tech / B.E courses from government or private colleges.

NIOS ( National Institute Of Open School ) candidates are eligible for it. Yes your aggregate of NIOS will be counted for the JEE Mains and Advance.

So you can start your preparation as JEE examination is not going to be easy. The examination paper contains questions of Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry. There are 30 questions from each of them. The examination will be of 360 marks.

Only candidates who qualifies in the Mains are eligible for the Advance. There will be separate cut for each category.

For more information of JEE visit at www.cbse.nic.in and for NIOS information www.nios.nic.in.

You can also leave your message at our forum we will try to satisfy you as soon as possible.
23rd May 2015, 11:57 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

Yes. Once the improvements results came and if found improvements in marks from the previous marks,then the current marks would into consideration.

12th marks would be consider from last marks or improvement marks as best of two.

You are eligible for JEE mains ,if you clear the JEE mains,then you can apply for JEE advanced.

Central board or ICSE board or state board or NIOS certificated original would be treated equally and have equal importance.

So not to bother about this. Just focus on JEE mains entrance exam.
24th May 2015, 12:20 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you will be eligible for JEE Mains 2016 after completing your senior secondary degree from NIOS but you must get at least 50% in your main subjects of same degree which are Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics .

Since one of the three national boards providing degrees for secondary and senior secondary level education so it is recognized in all the fields .

Yes it is a good option for going to the NIOS board for improvement in the overall percentage of marks in your 12th board as it is very important to have high percentage for the selection in the IITs , NITs , etc. as there is the weightage of board marks while preparing the final merit list of JEE examination.
Also this is more possible in NIOS more probably than any other boards as the marking pattern of this examination are friendly to the students .

For more information about the new session and upcoming board examination of the NIOS board log on its official link that is www.nios.ac.in .
3rd October 2015, 04:49 PM
Unregistered

I am going to appear in Improvement in 2016 is it mandatory to appear in all 5 subjects for consideration of my marks for mains?
Or consideration of 12 marks are not to be taken from this year for allottment of colleges in mains?
4th October 2015, 11:13 AM
H Rimmy

Hi Dear
Eligibility Criteria for JEE Exam:- Candidate must have passed 12th with the subjects of Physics,Chemistry & Biology with minimum 50% marks.If you have qualified 12th with 50% marks then you can also apply for JEE exam which will be written exam as objective type.
No. of Attempts:- 3 attempts are required.

I hope above information is more useful to you.

Best of Luck!
5th December 2016, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

I AM COMPLETED MY 12TH APOSS ANDHRA PRADESH OPEN SCHOOL SOCIETY
CHEM=66
PHYS=63
MATHS=77 AM I ELIGIBLE FOR JEE MAINS
PLS REPLY ME
7th December 2016, 06:40 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
CHEM=55
PHY=66
MATHS=59
And will I be eligible?
Please help!
Yes you are eligible for the JEE exam. You can enroll yourself for the exam. There is 2 exams (1) JEE preliminary and (2) JEE mains
Candidates who clear JEE preliminary exam will further go for JEE mains exam and after clearing JEE exam they can get admission in IIT or NIIT's.
For JEE exam the age criteria must be in between 16 years to 19 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?