24th May 2015, 02:01 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility for applying job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?

Hi Sir/Mam,

I am studying btech 3rd year, civil engineering how can i get a job in railway department or any other government jobs regarding to my field and please tell the competitive exams to get a government job... Looking forward to get the answer soon.

Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Eligibility for job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  2. Various government jobs that suitable for Ladies? What about Railways? Details of applying in Railways?
  3. How to get a government job for electronics and communication after B.Tech?
  4. Which Competitive Exams can I give being a B.Tech IT Engineer?
  5. How can I get a job in government sector? I am doing civil engineering
  6. How to complete B.Tech in Civil Engineering after doing diploma mechanical? names of the institutes which are approved by government sector?
  7. What is the cutoff required for ECE?
  8. Salary and other accommodations of a TTE?
  9. Which job will be available for freshers after B.Tech in government sector for girls? I am a B.Tech Civil Engineering student
  10. Is B.Tech after 12th from KSOU in Civil Engineering Valid? Will I get a job in government sector as well as in private sector?
  11. Which courses I have to do while doing B.Tech Mechanical Engineering in order to get a Government Job? Which exams do I need to answer?
  12. Future scope having low academics record from 10th up till graduation?
  13. Career options after B.Sc (Physics)? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Opportunities in government sector after passing MCA? Details about the government exams?
  15. How to get a job in Punjab Government Sector for J.E Civil Engineering?
  16. How to get a job in Government Sector after doing Civil Engineering?
  17. List of competitive exams to pass to get jobs in government sector as well as private sector jobs?
  18. Which all government job or other jobs I can apply for after completion of B.Sc computer science?
24th May 2015, 08:19 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for applying job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir/Mam,

I am studying btech 3rd year, civil engineering how can i get a job in railway department or any other government jobs regarding to my field and please tell the competitive exams to get a government job... Looking forward to get the answer soon.

Thank you!

You are pursuing your 3rd year B.tech which when completed makes you eligible for applying for railway jobs. You can apply for the RRB exam. This exam is split into 2 categories:
  • Technical
  • Non-Technical

You are eligible for applying for Non-technical through RRB because you are going to become a graduate. The eligibility needed are:

# Candidate should have a citizenship in India.

# Age limit needed for the exam is 18-30 years.

# There are relaxation for other category candidates such as 5 years extra for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC.

# Educational qualification needed is candidate should have completed a degree in any stream.

If you satisfy them all then you can apply for the exam. The candidates are selected through:
  • Preliminary Exam
  • Main Exam
  • Interview
24th May 2015, 11:39 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for applying job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?

Yes dear there are Number of job options available for B.Tech students in the filed of Railways.

In fact for B.Tech graduates the apt job in Indian Railways is " Junior Engineers ". It is being done by any of the Competitive Exam which might be Indian Engineering Services or Combined Medical Examination.

And for IES, it is conducted by UPSC once in a year in the month of June/July. So you need to be careful for Notification of IES. And Based on the score of IES you will be shortlisted for Interview for the Posts of " Group B ".

Group C job holders will get the promotion to get a job positions under Group B.

IES allows the candidates who have a graduation stream in their B.E/B.Tech :

* Mechanical Engineering

* Civil Engineering

* Electrical Engineering

* Electronics and Communication Engineering.

After that you will be selected based on the performance on Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?