31st May 2015, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for TCS campus placement if I have scored only 54% marks in 10th?

I have problem that my 10th class percentage is 54%.but in 12th 60% .and i'm b.tech 2nd yr
student my 1st yr cgpa is 8.16 can i get job in tcs through campus placement.? Can you please provide me the right information on the same soon? If am not eligible what to do?

31st May 2015, 01:31 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for TCS campus placement if I have scored only 54% marks in 10th?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have problem that my 10th class percentage is 54%.but in 12th 60% .and i'm b.tech 2nd yr
student my 1st yr cgpa is 8.16 can i get job in tcs through campus placement.? Can you please provide me the right information on the same soon? If am not eligible what to do?
No, you are not eligible for TCS recruitment process.

TCS is a reputed multinational company.

Required percentage of marks throughout the studies for TCS is,

TCS= 60%

You should not have any pending backlog.

Candidates having more than two years gap throughout the studies are not eligible for TCS recruitment.

Pattern for TCS written test:-

1. Quantitative /analytical reasoning (20 questions)
2. Verbal ability (20 questions)
3. Technical section (10questions)
31st May 2015, 08:45 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for TCS campus placement if I have scored only 54% marks in 10th?

No, you are not eligible to appear in TCS Campus recruitment process having secured only 54% marks in 10th Class. The basic marks criteria required is "Minimum aggregate marks of 60% and above in the first attempt in all the academic courses Standard 10th Onwards". Since you have secured 54% marks which is less than what is required, I am really sorry to say that you are not eligible to appear in TCS Campus selection process. Aggregate of all subjects in all the semesters to be considered i.e., All Subjects mentioned on the mark sheet.

Age Criteria: (At the time of appearing for the TCS Selection Process)

Minimum age - 18 years

Maximum age - 28 years

As you are not eligible for TCS Recruitment process, I suggest you to concentrate on B.Tech studies and secure good marks there. Get command over programming languages and core concepts to get selected easily. Do not worry, there are companies which does not ask for particular percentage in 10th Class in order to be eligible, so concentrate on B.Tech studies and apply for other companies recruitment processes.
31st May 2015, 01:44 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post

TCS is one of the leading Indian multinational information technology service, consulting and business solutions company. This company selects many candidates through campus placement and off campus to many of its services and trains them.

Having mentioned that, you are pursuing your B.tech second year which is a under graduate course and have got 54% in your respected 10th which in order to get placement in TCS, is not possible. The main criteria's which TCS held for recruiting candidates is they should have completed degree from a recognized university and should have got overall 60%, which includes their respected 10th, 12th and degree. But you secured only 54% in your 10th which makes you ineligible for campus placement.

The other way to join in TCS without considering your 10th mark would be by attending job fair where there is Walk in, where they give importance to your percentage in your degree.
31st May 2015, 03:08 PM
james hettfield
Member+

You cannot get a job in TCS as a fresher because you do not fulfill the eligibility criteria of 60% marks in class X, XII and in graduation.
Now you have to start your career with some small company and after gaining some experience in your respective field, then you should go on for the TCS job when there will be vacancy available for the experience sector job.
31st May 2015, 03:57 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

I am extremely sorry to say this, you are ineligible to apply for TCS campus placements. According to the TCS criteria, you must have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate in first attempts in 10th, 12th, graduation and post-graduation. If you are not secured those marks, then you are ineligible to apply. Let's see the eligibility criteria:

-You should have completed B.E / B.Tech / M.E / M.Tech / MCA / M.Sc from a recognized university.
-You must have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate in first attempts throughout their career.
-Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply.
-No active backlogs are allowed.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?