17th June 2015, 01:40 AM
Unregistered

What subjects should choose after 12th in order to become an Income tax officer?

Sir , i am rishabh gupta , student of class 12 ( pcm ) . I want to know that,what should to do become a income tax officer ? Please tell us full information about to join income tax department on my mail id . My msil id is "[email protected]" . what subjects i shd coose after 12th

17th June 2015, 07:49 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What subjects should choose after 12th in order to become an Income tax officer?

To become an Income Tax Officer after completion of your 12th standard, you must have to pursue Graduation course in any discipline from a recognised university and you need to appear in Staff Selection Commission (SSC) examination. Eligibility criteria required to appear in SSC examination is mentioned below :-

1. Nationality :-
You must be a citizen of India.

2. Educational Qualification :-
You must have completed graduation or equivalent degree in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. Age Limit :-
You must be at least 18 years old and your maximum age must not exceed more than 27 years at the time of applying for SSC exam. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.
17th June 2015, 09:32 AM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What subjects should choose after 12th in order to become an Income tax officer?

To become Income Tax Officer, you have to appear for SSC-CGL exams.

You can choose any subject after 12th in your graduation to appy for SSC-CGL. Candidate must have to pass graduation degree from any recognised university to apply for SSC-CGL exams.
So, you are free to select any subject in your graduation as per your choice.
17th June 2015, 10:36 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir , i am rishabh gupta , student of class 12 ( pcm ) . I want to know that,what should to do become a income tax officer ? Please tell us full information about to join income tax department on my mail id . My msil id is "[email protected]" . what subjects i shd coose after 12th
After 12th standard, you should choose Mathematics honors to become a Income Tax Officer exam.

To become an income tax officer in 2015, you should qualify in SSC CGL exam. So if you once successfully complete SSC CGL Tier I and II exam and interview exam then you are eligible for Income Tax Officer post.

Minimum qualification required to apply for this examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

Age relaxation-

Upper age relaxation for OBC is upto 3 years.
For SC/ ST , it is upto 5 years.
For PWD it is upto 10 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?