20th July 2015, 12:44 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for officer post in Air Force if I have less than 60% marks in Graduation?

The students who got below 60% in graduation engineering .for that students who got below 60% in graduation engineering they can apply for officer post in air force??

Is there is any vacancy for that students who got below 60% aggregate in graduation engineering??
Is they can apply for afact and metrology branch in air force???

Related Questions:
  1. How can I apply for Indian Air Force after completing BSc graduation?
  2. Will there be any chance for girls to work in IAF after completing M.Sc. Polymer Science?
  3. Can I join Air Force after completion of Post Graduation course?
  4. What should I do to join Air force after completion of my B.Com? What are the posts available in Air force for commerce students? What are the entrance exam I should write for that post?
  5. Can a married man apply for officer post in Air force?
  6. Am I eligible to apply in air force? I didn't opt mathematics in 10+2. What's the procedure and posts that can be applied for?
  7. How long will it take to complete Pharma.D program in USA? How may I get license in USA? I've done B.Pharmacy from India
  8. How to apply in Indian Air Force is form sent by Speed Post is not accepted?
  9. How can I become an Air Force officer after passing 12th Non Medial? Which qualification is important to become an Air Force Officer?
  10. How to join ICWA after doing B.Tech 3rd semester?
  11. Can I enroll in IAF? Are there chances to become Squadron Leader being Mechanical Engineer?
  12. Jobs in Indian Airforce for 12th passed girl candidates? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Am I eligible for Air Force having 70% marks in Graduation?
  14. How can I become an Air Force officer after completing 12th
  15. Is it possible for me to get job in government sector while doing final year ECE?
  16. Can I join Air Force having completed ECE? Which posts can I apply in Air Force?
  17. How can I join Airforce after MSc CS in 3rd semester?
  18. Can I become an Officer in Indian Air Force if completed 12th from Open School?
20th July 2015, 03:27 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for officer post in Air Force if I have less than 60% marks in Graduation?

Yes, you are eligible to get the job of the officer post in the Indian Air Force but you need to qualify in the CDS examination which is conducted by the UPSC as the eligibility to appear for the examination is :-

* Candidate must have passed the graduation form the recognised university.
* Candidate age must be 19-23 years.
* Candidate must have pursue Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry at 10+2 level.

So, you need to qualify in the examination to get recruitment. The examination is conducted in the two stages as the Written and the SSB.

The examination are conducted twice every year by the UPSC. The upcoming examination is in the month of November.

For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
20th July 2015, 05:10 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I apply for officer post in Air Force if I have less than 60% marks in Graduation?

No, you can't apply for Officer post in Indian Air Force after scoring less than 60% marks in graduation.
To apply for CDS entry or AFCAT entry for Air Force candidate must have to score more than 60% marks.
Also for AFCAT and Metrology branch in Air Force candidate have to secure more than 60% marks.
20th July 2015, 06:44 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for the officer post in Air force having secured less than 60% aggregate in your graduation as marks in the same degree does not matters for the eligibility for the same.

Now to become Air force officer at this level of your academics you will have to clear the Combined Defense Services examination.

CDS examinations are held by Union Public Service Commission twice every year and the required eligibility criteria for appearing in the same examination for your desired wings are as following:-

* You must have the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 19 years to 23 years.

* You must have bachelor degree with Physics or Mathematics or any engineering course as your main subject from a recognized university.

* The physical and mental fitness is also required as per the service norms.

The examination is held in two stages out of which the first stage is called as general ability test ( Written test ) and second stage is called as Service selection board interview.

You can also get in your desired field through AFCAT also conducted by UPSC. For more details regarding the same examinations you can visit the official website of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in.
20th July 2015, 09:45 PM
vanisunshine.vani
Senior Member++

AIR FORCE COMMON ADMISSION TEST(AFCAT)2015

AS PER YOUR EDUCATION QUALIFICATION(B.Tech) then you can apply for

1)technical branch

2)flying branch

3)ground duty branch

eligibility criteria FOR AFCAT:- =

education qualification=bachelor degree in any subjects/ bachelor of engineering/bachelor of technology

-should had got 60% in subjects(over all)

-age limit=

a)19-23 year(flying branch)

b)18-28years(technical branch)

c)20-27years(ground duty branch)

height=

a)both male and female=162.5cm( flying branch)

b)technical and ground duty branch

-men=157.5mc

-women=152.5cm

****IF ONE SATISFIES THE ABOVE MENTIONED CRITERIA THEN HE/SHE CAN APPLY FOR THE AFCAT AND APPEAR FOR THE EXAM.

good luck
20th July 2015, 11:14 PM
Uthradhi
Senior Member+

No, you are not eligible to apply for AFCAT examination.

AFCAT i.e Air Force Common Admission Test is conducted by Indian Air Force twice in a year for admission to Technical Branch, Flying Branch and Ground Duty Branches.

Flying Branch: You should have completed B.E/B.Tech from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate. Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply.

Technical Branch: You should have completed Aeronautical Engineering in Electronics or Mechanical from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate. Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply.

Ground Duty Branch: You should have completed B.E/B.Tech from a recognized university or equivalent qualification. You must have secured at least 60% marks in aggregate. Those who are appearing in the final year of degree course may also apply.

So, you are not eligible to apply for AFCAT examination. But, you are eligible to apply for CDS examination.
20th July 2015, 11:54 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to get job in the Indian Air Force after your graduation. But you need to qualify in the CDS examination. CDS stands for the Comibned Defence Service and it conduct the examination for the entry in any of the wings of the defence.

There is no limitation as on the graduation aggregate but as you need only passing percentage.

So you can apply for the CDS II which will be conducted in the month of November.
For more information visit at the www.upsc.gov.in

No, you are not eligible to apply for the AFCAT entry as the eligibility to appear for the AFCAT holds that candidate must have atleast 60% aggregate upto the final year of Engineering.
20th July 2015, 11:55 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The students who got below 60% in graduation engineering .for that students who got below 60% in graduation engineering they can apply for officer post in air force??

Is there is any vacancy for that students who got below 60% aggregate in graduation engineering??
Is they can apply for afact and metrology branch in air force???
Yes, you can apply for Indian Air Force exam through AFCAT exam.

AFCAT is stand for Air Force Common Admission Test.

If you have completed BE/B.Tech degree then you are eligible for flying branch exam but your 12th standard subject must be physics and Mathematics. Your age should be in between 19 to 23 year.

If you have completed BE/B.Tech in Aeronautical engineering from a recognized university then you are eligible for Technical Branch exam. Your age should be in between 18 to 28 year.

If you have completed in PG Degree/Bachelor Degree in any subjects from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ground Duty Branches. Your age should be in between 19 to 27 years.

AFCAT exam pattern :-

There will be 100 questions exam paper(2 hr)
General Awareness
English language.
Numerical Ability.
Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test

Books for AFCAT exam:-

AFCAT For Flying & Technical Branch Guide
by R. Gupta
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

How To Prepare For AFCAT: Air Force Common Admission Test Complete Book
(Paperback)
Publisher: Priyanka Prakashan

AFCAT Air Force Common Admission Test
Publisher: Priyanka Prakashan
Author: Chandresh Agrawal
21st July 2015, 04:35 PM
Tanu440

Yes you can make your cerior in 60% mark in graduation. For on line application form you go to upsc site and then fill up your form for cds . here you find three choice first army, Navy and air force. You can also choose also total.
9th August 2017, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

I am engineering postgraduate. Can i apply for metrology branch ? What are the requirements for the metrology branch eligibility ?
1st September 2017, 12:58 AM
19Amanpreet
Member+

You can apply through CDS examination being conducted by UPSC but not through AFCAT examination as AFCAT requires 60% marks in graduation wheres there is no such requirement in CDS eligibility criteria.
4th September 2017, 12:20 PM
kunalroy89

CDS does not asks for any percentage in graduation. Being a graduate makes you eligible for CDS. One can apply for Airforce academy through CDS, but you must have graduation degree in engineering or physics or maths as subjects.
For AFCAT,there is percentage bar for the technical duties. For Flying branch and Ground duty Technical branch,there is minimum marks requirement of 60% in Graduation. For Non-technical Ground duty branch,also known as Administration and Logistics,the minimum graduation marks required are 50%.
18th January 2018, 08:52 AM
Unregistered

Respected sir, I secured 59.99% in my UG Engineering. Shall I apply for Ground Duty branch? Why can't we take 59.99 % as 60%?
29th January 2018, 05:21 PM
sree2244

You are eligible for Indian Air Force after completion of your graduation.You need to clear the CDS(Comibned Defence Service).No percentages are required you need to clear the subjects.
For AFCAT candidate should have least 60% in graduation is must.
27th February 2018, 05:36 AM
Unregistered

I have done my graduation less than 60 % marks but similarly I also done my Masters in physics Am I eligible for afcat exam for any branch?
15th June 2018, 08:54 PM
Unregistered

Can I apply for afcat non technical ground duty branch if I have secured 54% marks in my graduation
7th October 2018, 11:57 PM
Unregistered

I have cleared AFCAT this year and my SSB interview is this month, but i do not have 60 % in my graduation. Can i attend the ssb interview.?
17th June 2019, 07:04 PM
Unregistered

CAN I APPLY FOR ACCOUNTS POST IF PERCENTAGE IS 50% IN GRADUATION
1st October 2019, 04:13 PM
Unregistered

SIR I HAVE LESS THAN 60 %MARKS IN 12TH BUT MORE THAN 60% MARKS IN GRADUATION CAN I APPLY FOR AFFCAT
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?