16th August 2015, 06:26 PM
Unregistered

Qualities required by girls to join Indian Army as an Officer?

hello sir, i am a girl in 2nd year of graduation. I am pursuing 3 yers bsc degree in interior designing. I am also an ncc cadet with b certificate. Next year i will be completing my c certificate exams and I will also be appearing for ssb next year. KINDLY EXPLAIN IN DETAIL WHAT ALL PREPARATIONS I NEED TO DO?

16th August 2015, 11:59 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Qualities required by girls to join Indian Army as an Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello sir, i am a girl in 2nd year of graduation. I am pursuing 3 yers bsc degree in interior designing. I am also an ncc cadet with b certificate. Next year i will be completing my c certificate exams and I will also be appearing for ssb next year. KINDLY EXPLAIN IN DETAIL WHAT ALL PREPARATIONS I NEED TO DO?
Yes, pursuing B.Sc degree holder girls candidate are eligible for Indian Army through CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service exam.

Eligibility criteria:-

Indian naval academy: You should have completed engineering graduation or B.Sc with physics, mathematics subjects from a recognized university.

Officers Training Academy: You should have completed graduation in any stream from a recognized university.

Age Criteria:-

Indian Military Academy: - 19-24 years
Officer's Training Academy: - 19-25 years
17th August 2015, 01:51 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sorry to say that female candidates are not eligible to appear in CDS entrance exam. However, you are eligible to apply for Officer Training Academy. The candidate must be a graduate to be eligible for Officer Training Academy. The candidate have to clear the examination conducted by CDSE. Apart from the written exam, you have to clear the SSB interview and Medical Examination test. The examination will be conducted twice a year.

Please refer the official website - www.upsc.gov.in/
17th August 2015, 06:39 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a girl candidate, for your recruitment in Indian Army you will have to clear CDS examination.

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and the same examination is held for the recruitment of officers in different wings of Indian defense. The examination is held twice every year by Union Public Service Commission and are popularly known as CDS I & CDS II.

The qualities required for appearing in the same examination for joining Indian Army ( Indian Military Academy ) are as here under :-

--> You must have the nationality of India.

-> Your age must be within 19 years to 25 years.

--> You must have a bachelor degree with any discipline from a recognized university.

--> You must hold physical and mental fitness as per the service requirement.

The examination is held in two stages which are as General Ability test and Service Selection Board interview held in mentioned order.

If you hold the above qualities then you are eligible for becoming an officer in Indian Army.

For the preparation point of view, you need to have full command over your previous academics along with the knowledge of current affairs. Also you need to have detailed information regarding the burning topics along with good command more logical aptitude and reasoning.

For more details associated with this examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
17th August 2015, 09:36 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

The female candidates are recruited in Indian Army for Officer Training Academy (OTA). Here are the eligibility criteria for the Officer level recruitment.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* Candidate can be subject of Tibet, Nepal or Bhutan with an intention of permanently settling in India.

* Candidates age should be Unmarried.

* They should not have born earlier than July, 1991 and not later than July, 1997.

* Candidate should have completed bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized university.

* Candidates who are in the final year of their bachelor's degree course are also eligible to apply.

* Candidate should be Physically fit without any defects.

* Candidate should not have any physical deformities.

For Officer Training Academy (OTA) position the candidate have to appear in the Combined Defense Service (CDS) examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?