26th August 2015, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

How can I study PhD in Astrophysics being a B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) candidate?

Hello,
Can you please help me to know how to do PhD in Astrophysics after completing my B.E. in Mechanical Engineering? Please tell me about this asap.

4th August 2017, 04:51 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I study PhD in Astrophysics being a B.E.(Mechanical Engineering) candidate?

Procedure to pursue PhD in Astrophysics for B.E (Mechanical Engineering) Candidates:

There is a certain procedure in order to pursue PhD in Astrophysics course for you being B.E in Mechanical Engineering graduate. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for doing this PhD in Astrophysics course is Master's Degree with Physics as the one of the major subjects.

As you are from B.E background, you can pursue PhD in Astrophysics directly after completion of Bachelor Degree. For this you are required to appear in JEST Entrance Examination.

You are required to appear in Join Entrance Screening Test (JEST) which is conducted once a year in order to pursue Doctoral Program in Astrophysics in Indian Institute of Astrophysics.

Click here for More Details

Click here for FAQ
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?