13th September 2015, 04:04 PM
Unregistered

Can I study Journalism being a 12th NIOS Arts candidate?

Sir,
I am pursuing Arts from 12th NIOS. I want to become a Journalist so can I study Journalism after completing my 12th from NIOS Board? Please reply as soon as possible.

15th September 2015, 04:14 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Journalism being a 12th NIOS Arts candidate?

NIOS stands for the National Institute of Open Schooling. There is a general confusion among many candidates that NIOS certificate is not valid. You must know that NIOS is government recognized body for 10+2 exams, and the certificates obtained from this board is valid for any government entrance exams or jobs.

So, you can apply for the journalism course after doing 10+2 NIOS in arts stream.

Colleges for Journalism:

1. Indian Institute of Journalism.

2. Amity University.

3. Delhi University.

4. Banaras Hindu University.
15th September 2015, 06:35 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can study Journalism being a 12th NIOS Arts candidate.

Eligibility to study journalism :

Candidate must have passed 12th from any recognised university. NIOS is well recognised board by Indian HRD department.
Candidate must have secured more than 50% in 12th class.
Age of candidate must be above 17 years.
15th September 2015, 06:53 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can pursue higher education after completion of 12th NIOS.

As NIOS certificates are valid and recognized with equivalent to state and national boards of education.

After completion of class 12 NIOS the candidate's are eligible to apply arts or science courses to pursue higher education.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?