22nd September 2015, 08:37 PM
Unregistered

Can computer science student study MBBS?

Respected Sir/Madam,

I have finished my 12th (computer science group) with physics, chemistry and computer science subjects and I have secured 67%. Now, I have finished my UG in BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications). But, now I have interest in medical. All are saying that after completing 12 th in computer science group, there is no chance to study medical. Is there any chance to study medical? My future is based on your reply. So, please guide me.
Thank you.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study MBBS after B.E? I am 19 years old
  2. MCA or M.Sc(Computer Science) which is better to study for B.Sc(Computer Science) graduate?
  3. How can I get scholarship to study MBBS being a ST girl student?
  4. Possibility to study M.Tech(Computer Science) after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  5. Can a biology student study BSc Computer Science? Where can I study in India? What is the requirement? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. B.E., B.Sc, BCA or Diploma which is better to study Computer Science for 2nd PUC student?
  7. Should I go for CA or CS? I am a B.E computer science student
  8. Can I pursue MBBS in China being a 12th Science NIOS student?
  9. Can I study BSc computer science? I am a ordinary student
  10. Can I study Master's Degree in Computer Science after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  11. How much salary I will get after completing B.Sc(Computer Science)? What should I study among MCA and M.Sc after B.Sc(Computer Science)?
  12. How to get the study material of Computer Science GATE?
  13. Which courses are available after passing 12th except MBBS for Bio science student?
  14. Is it beneficial to study MBBS in Abroad for a candidate who has secured 91.8% in 12th Science?
  15. How may I join USA university for higher education in Computer Science?I've studied computer science for two years from NIIT
  16. Will it be good to study MBA after B.Sc Computer Science? In which field should I pursue MBA?
  17. Procedure to get student Visa for Dubai in computer course after 12th?
  18. Eligibility to study MBBS for B.Sc student? Can I get Education Loan to study MBBS program?
22nd September 2015, 11:07 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can computer science student study MBBS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam,

I have finished my 12th (computer science group) with physics, chemistry and computer science subjects and I have secured 67%. Now, I have finished my UG in BCA (Bachelor of Computer Applications). But, now I have interest in medical. All are saying that after completing 12 th in computer science group, there is no chance to study medical. Is there any chance to study medical? My future is based on your reply. So, please guide me.
Thank you.
Your 12th standard subject are Physics, Chemistry and Computer Science so you are not eligible for MBBS course.

Candidates who have completed 12th standard with above 50% marks are eligible for MBBS entrance exam but your 12th standard subject should be Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. For SC/ST candidate this percentage is reduced to 40%.

Your age should be in between 17 to 26 years. No age relaxation provide for reserved category candidates.
23rd September 2015, 03:01 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you are not eligible to pursue MBBS course as you don'y have Biology as one of your main subjects in your +2 level examination.

However, below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria regarding MBBS entrance examination, kindly have a look at it;

Eligibility for appearing in entrance examination:

1. Candidate must have passed +2 level of exam with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English as their compulsory subjects

2. Candidates who are appearing for the +2 level of exam are also eligible for the test.

3. Minimum percentage required in +2 examination varies from Institutes to Institutes, however, in most cases a minimum of 50% marks is considered

4. The minimum age of the candidate should be 17 years at the the time of applying for the examination.
23rd September 2015, 10:20 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir/Madam,

Thank you.
The eligibility criteria for MBBS admission is as follows: should complete the age of 17, pass in higher secondary examination or its equivalent with 50% marks in English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology / Biotechnology. So if you satisfy the above requirements you can appear for MBBS. The percentage of marks required may change from university to university
23rd September 2015, 07:52 PM
DSP@1

I am sorry that you are not eligible for MBBS.

The eligibility criteria for MMBS course are as follows.

-Candidate must have completed his/her 12th standard from recognized board,
-Candidate must have completed his/her 12th standard in Bi.P.C(Biology,Physics and Chemistry) stream.
-Candidate age must be above 17 years.

As you have done your 12th standard with Physics,Chemistry and Computer Science,and Biology which is the most important subject for MBBS students is not included in your 12th standard so you are not eligible for MBBS.

If you really interested in MBBS then you do your 12th standard again in Bi.P.C stream then you will be eligible for MBBS course.
25th September 2015, 10:15 PM
sukhpal0015

Hello,
I am feeling sorry for you,but you are not anymore eligible for MBBS. There are certain standards for MBBs exam which everyone need to achieve. You are not up to the standards.
You are disqualified because you does not have biology subject in your 12th standard exam. This is the key reason for your disqualification.
Candidate age should be between 17 to 26 years.
Candidate should complete +2 with 50% marks with physics,chemistry and biology as main subject.
18th June 2016, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

my brother is studying 12 th standard he taken computer science group , but now he is interested in doing medicine after finishing 12 th standard , is there any possibilities
14th October 2017, 06:09 PM
Unregistered

Can you suggest me a bachelor degree? Now I am studying plus two , main - computer science, maths, chemistry and physics. I would like to study bio technology, is it possible?
20th March 2018, 07:08 PM
ravimahawar1234
Member+

You must have Biology subject in your 12th class for pursuing MBBS.
Sorry to say but you are not eligible for pursuing MBBS as you are a student of computer science.
Better luck in next life! ;-P
1st April 2018, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Is there any way to study biology outside of school after finishing my 12 STD with computer science group ?
6th April 2018, 09:11 PM
Unregistered

I have finished 2.iam a computer science student.but i am interested medicine..it is possible
16th April 2018, 10:10 PM
sjs1990

Dear Friend,

To pursue your studies in medical field you should have studied Physics , Chemistry and Biology as your major subjects , It means If you have selected Maths Biology or Science group you can go for medical studies, Since you have selected Computer science group that is you have not studied biology as one subject so you can't pursue your studies in medical field.

Thank you
14th September 2019, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

If I study for neet,c an I write neet. In entrance, biology can be studied
20th January 2020, 08:18 PM
Unregistered

Is there any possibility to study medicine for me because I'm a com.sci students
12th April 2021, 04:25 PM
Unregistered

any possibilities to study 12th biology subject and write govt. examination after finishing 12th computer science group
21st September 2021, 07:57 PM
Minal F

NO,computer science is related to another field.

Computer science is the study of algorithmic processes, computational machines and computation itself. As a discipline, computer science spans a range of topics from theoretical studies of algorithms, computation and information to the practical issues of implementing computational systems in hardware and software.
14th August 2022, 04:02 PM
Unregistered

Matric complete 2015 with chemistry physic & computer science f.a complete 2020 I'm interested fsc have any chance fsc please tell me....????
15th April 2023, 01:25 PM
Unregistered

Helo..
Iam now studying in plus one science(computer science) i am interested to write neet exam is their any possibilities for me to write neet exam..?%u263A

%u25CF Is it possible to change from plus two computer science to biology science...%uD83D%uDE22

I mean 2 cs to 2 bio
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?