22nd September 2015, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

Minimum qualification required for Food Inspector post?

I have completed my B.tech engineering in Bio-Technology. I am planning to pursue Masters in FOOD TECHNOLOGY in Canada. After having work experience again i will come back to India. So i want to know about minimum qualification required for food inspector post.

22nd September 2015, 10:52 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Minimum qualification required for Food Inspector post?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my B.tech engineering in Bio-Technology. I am planning to pursue Masters in FOOD TECHNOLOGY in Canada. After having work experience again i will come back to India. So i want to know about minimum qualification required for food inspector post.
After completion of masters degree in Food Technology, you are eligible for Food Inspector exam.

Those candidates who have completed graduates in Agriculture/ Pharmacy/ Food Technology/ Dairy Technology from a recognized university are also eligible to apply for Food Inspector exam.

Your age should be in between 21 to 30 years.
22nd September 2015, 11:18 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

The candidate who wishes to become Food inspector has to write the food inspector exam which is conducted by the UPSC every year in the month of July.Union Public Service Commission conducts All India Food Inspector Exam for the recruitment of food inspectors in various departments of India .

The eligibility criteria required for the food inspector post are as under :-

-The candidate must be an Indian.

- The candidate must be a graduate in agriculture/pharmacy/food technology/dairy technology from a recognized university.

-The candidate who have completed their graduation in Medical discipline are also eligible for this post.

- The candidate age limit to apply for the post is from 21 years to 27 years .

The selection process involves of

* written test,and

* Interview
22nd September 2015, 11:42 PM
EALP EXPERT
Senior Member+++++

Union Public Service Commission conducts All India Food Inspector Exam for the recruitment of food inspectors in various offices all over the country.

The qualification and other requirement for the post of Food inspector as given.

-> You should have Undergraduate degree in food safety or related field such as agriculture, biology or chemistry from a recognized university

-> You should have 1 year experience in food industry

-> Your age must be in between 18 to 27 years
23rd September 2015, 10:27 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
There are two types of examination for food inspector post one is state government and the other one is central government. The UPSC will conduct the All India Food Inspector examination. The educational qualification to become a food inspector is as follows: candidates completed graduation in medicine with one year training in food inspection or bachelor’s degree in science with chemistry as a compulsory or graduation in Agriculture/ Public health/ Veterinary science/ Pharmacy/ Food Technology.
15th August 2016, 11:52 AM
Unregistered

I have completed m.sc in food science and tech . So can i apply for drug and food inspector
24th March 2020, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Is bzc graduate from Osmania University is eligible for telengana food safety exam?
27th November 2020, 01:03 PM
Unregistered

I am persuing 4 th year b pharmacy can I eligible for food inspector job ,85% in b pharm
26th September 2021, 10:30 PM
Minal F

Candidates must have a graduation degree in Medicine or Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Pharmacy ,Food Technology and Diary Technology are Eligible for Food Inspector Post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?