2nd November 2015, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

What is the cut off marks required for qualifying GATE exam including different categories?

How much marks are needed by an Sc category student in GATE to get call from most of the PSUs ? What is the cut off marks required for qualifying GATE exam including different categories? Can you please give me the information in detail soon?

2nd November 2015, 03:04 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the cut off marks required for qualifying GATE exam including different categories?

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and it is the examination conducted by the IIT or the IISc for the admission of the candidates in the medical courses.

Since you have not give the details for which year and for which stream you want the cut off so I am not able to provide it. To get the information please leave the message with the complete information.

But there are relaxation in the cut off marks for the SC and the ST category candidates.
2nd November 2015, 11:58 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the cut off marks required for qualifying GATE exam including different categories?

GATE is the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. This exam serves for two purposes, one for the M.Tech admission in top government engineering colleges of India and other for the Public Sector jobs in India.

The cut off marks for the GATE exam changes every year, it is not fixed for each year. However if you see the past year trends the cut off marks for the candidates of general and OBC category is between 20-30 marks out of 100 for qualifying the GATE exam. But for SC/ST category candidates it is between 17-25 marks.

For SC/ST candidates to get call from different PSUs, you must score at least 35 plus marks for top PSUs. You must make your mind to score as much as possible for better jobs. These marks are general marks and based on trends of past year, it can change also. GATE 2016 will be held in last week of January and first week of February.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?