4th November 2015, 04:12 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to do PhD in Mathematics being a Chemistry postgraduate?

Respected Sir,
I have completed my B.Sc and M.Sc in Chemistry. I did CDAC program after my postgraduation. Then after I did B.Ed. From last 10 years I am teaching Physics in Private High School. I had Maths and Physics in my graduation and postgraduation. So, I can do PhD in Mathematics subject? I would also like to know that what I have to do for PhD admission?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do PhD in Organic Chemistry at Delhi University being a Physical Chemistry postgraduate with UGC-JRF?
  2. List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics to a postgraduate in Montreal?
  3. Am I eligible to study PhD in Mathematics after B.E.(CSE)? List of institutes which offer PhD in Mathematics?
  4. How can I study PhD in Chemistry being an Analytical Chemistry postgraduate?
  5. Is there any scope of doing PhD in Medicinal Chemistry for Chemistry postgraduate?
  6. How to do Ph.D in chemistry after completing MSc with Chemistry -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Mechanical engineer with 4 years work experience is eligible to do PhD in Mathematics? What route to take for pursuing PhD in Mathematics?
  8. Detailed information about PhD(Mathematics) course offered in Pune University for M.Sc(Applied Mathematics) postgraduate?
  9. Am I eligible for Assistant Professor of Mathematics while doing PhD?
  10. Is it compulsory to study Mathematics along with Chemistry in B.Ed of DU?
  11. PhD in Chemistry for an M.Sc postgraduate of Madhya Pradesh?
  12. How can I apply to study PhD in Mathematics at University of Cambridge being a M.Tech(Industrial Mathematics) postgraduate?
  13. Procedure to study PhD in Abroad for M.Sc(Organic Chemistry) postgraduate?
  14. How can I get admission to study PhD in Mathematics in GNDU being a postgraduate?
  15. List of institutes which offer PhD in Chemistry to a postgraduate in Delhi?
  16. Possibility to do PhD in Mathematics through Distance Education for M.Sc postgraduate who is teaching in a Primary School?
  17. How to study PhD in Analytical Chemistry being an Industrial Chemistry postgraduate with 2 years of experience?
  18. Entrance exam to pursue PhD in Pharmacy after M.Sc in Pharmaceutical Chemistry?
5th November 2015, 09:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to do PhD in Mathematics being a Chemistry postgraduate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir,
I have completed my B.Sc and M.Sc in Chemistry. I did CDAC program after my postgraduation. Then after I did B.Ed. From last 10 years I am teaching Physics in Private High School. I had Maths and Physics in my graduation and postgraduation. So, I can do PhD in Mathematics subject? I would also like to know that what I have to do for PhD admission?
No, B.Sc in Chemistry candidates are not eligible for Ph.D in Mathematics.

Eligibility criteria for Ph.D course:-

If you have completed masters degree in Mathematics with above 55% marks from a recognized university then you are eligible for Ph.D course.

There is no age criteria.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?