19th November 2015, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for writing IPS exam after completing graduation in computers?

Hello sir, Greetings. Please I am expecting an overwhelming response on my query and also let me know as soon as possible. Can I apply for ips exam after I complete graduation in computers?

20th November 2015, 10:32 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible for writing IPS exam after completing graduation in computers?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the examination. To join the Police service the candidates have to appear in the civil services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by the UPSC every year and the eligibility to appear for the examination is:-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-32 years for the open category relaxation for the reserved category.

So, you can appear for the examination as no limitation on the discipline and the aggregate of the graduation. For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
20th November 2015, 10:41 AM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for writing IPS exam after completing graduation in computers?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the IPS examination. But there is no special examination for the IPS.

To join the IPS candidates have to qualify in the civil services examination and as according to the notification for the examination the candidates who have passed the graduation in any discipline from a recognised university and age between the 21-32 years are eligible to appear for the examination.

So, you can appear for the examination. The notification for the 2016 examination is released and the application form for the examination will be available from the April.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
20th November 2015, 01:11 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear for the IPS examination after the graduation.

To appear for the examination the required eligibility criteria is :-
* Candidates must have passed the graduation from the recognised university.
* Candidates age must be between the 21-32 years.

So, you can appear for the examination. The examination is conducted in three stages and the candidates have to qualify in all the stages for the final recruitment. The application form for the 2016 examination will be available from the April.

For more information about the examination visit at the www.upsc.gov.in.
20th November 2015, 06:22 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Below, I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for IPS, kindly have a look at it.

The minimum eligibility to be able to appear for the Civil Service Examination is that the candidate should have completed his/her graduation in any Discipline from a recognised University.

Therefore, you can opt for civil service examination after the completion of your after your graduation in order to become an IPS officer.
20th November 2015, 07:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, any graduate from a recognized university can apply for Civil services or IPS exam which is conducted by UPSC. IPS officers are recruited through Civil services exam which is held once every year.

Just make sure that you have got age between 21 to 30 years. There is age relaxation available for reserved category candidates. Selection will be based on the performance in the written exam and interview.
20th November 2015, 08:40 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to appear in IPS examination after completion of your Graduation in Computers from a recognised university. Candidates who have completed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to appear in IPS examination. Eligibility criteria required to appear in IPS examination is mentioned below :-

1. You must be a citizen of India.

2. You must have completed Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognised university.

3. You must be in between 21-30 years old. Upper age relaxation is applicable to reserved category candidates as per government rules.

4. You must be Physically fit as per physical standards mentioned in the UPSC IPS examination notification.
20th November 2015, 10:57 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very certainly eligible to appear in IPS Entrance Examination. The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in IPS Examination is "Graduate Degree" or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Since you are going to Complete Graduate Degree in computers, I am sure you are certainly eligible to write IPS Examination. Minimum age required to appear in IPS Examination is "21 years" and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years. Of course there is an age relaxation for reserved category candidates (SC/ ST/ OBC/ Ex-Servicemen category). I am very happy to clear your query that you are certainly eligible to appear in IPS Examination with the Graduation in Computers.
21st November 2015, 12:50 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, Greetings. Please I am expecting an overwhelming response on my query and also let me know as soon as possible. Can I apply for ips exam after I complete graduation in computers?
Yes, B.Sc in Computer Science candidates are eligible for IPS exam.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university then you are eligible for IPS exam. IPS exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of attempts:-

General Category - 4
OBC Category - 7
SC/ST Category - No limit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?