23rd November 2015, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

How to become a Custom Officer in India? What the criteria and age relaxations available?

Respected Sir/Medam,

I am Pursuing my B.Tech in Computer Engineering. & my question is that How to become a Custom Officer in India. what exam i should have to give for that and what is eligibility for that and what are the criterias and any age relaxation have for that? so please give me the full detail for these as i wanted to become a custom officer. Like one of them.
rply me ASAP.

Thank you for your consideration.

Amar Sharma

my e-mal ID : ([email protected])

Jai Hind.

23rd November 2015, 09:22 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to become a Custom Officer in India? What the criteria and age relaxations available?

Details about Custom officer:-

You must need to qualify the civil service exam which is conducted by UPSC/SSC.

Education Required:- You should have passed graduation drgree in any stream with minimum 55% marks.

Age Required:- Age must be in between 19 to 25 years.

Exam Pattern:- Preliminary exam & Mains exam.

Selection Procedure:- Written exam & Interview.

You need to have also a vehicle license.
23rd November 2015, 10:57 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to become a Custom Officer in India? What the criteria and age relaxations available?

To become Custom Officer , you have to appear in Civil Service Exam conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility:

A candidate must have done graduation from recognized University with at least 55% marks.

Age 21 to 30 years and relaxation of 5 years is given to SC/ST and 3 years to OBC.
23rd November 2015, 11:51 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

Customs Department collects duty and maintain a check on the entry of prohibited and restricted goods. The customs officer also tale care smuggling does not take place.So , Custom Officers are recruited through entrance exam which is conducted by UPSC.You are eligible to apply for Custom Officer as you have completed bachelor degree in computer engineering.

Eligibility
- You must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline with atleast 55% from recognized university.
- Your age must be more than 19 years.

Steps to Become Custom Officer
- Wait for Custom Officer recruitment.You can know all recruitment updates from Employment News
- Apply for Custom Officer when registration starts
- Prepare well for examination
- Give entrance exam & Get good result in Preliminary as well as Main Exam
- Also perform well in Interview
- Final selection will be made on the basis of your performance.

Selection
- Preliminary
- Main Exam
- Interview
- If you will be selected , then you will be sent to Chennai for training in the functions of Customs Department

Syllabus
- General Awareness
- Current Affairs
- Maths
- English

Qualities Required for Custom Officer
- Leadership
- Good Judgement
- Good Fitness
- Perceptiveness
- Good Communication
24th July 2020, 01:39 AM
deepikapandey9999

. Clear UPSC Civil Services exam giving your first preference as Indian Revenue Services Customs and Central Excise (IRS C&CE) its a group A category officer.
2. Clear SSC Combined Graduate Level Exam and give your preference for Inspector in Customs. Its a group B category officer.
3. You can also entre into your respective state customs though public service exams conducted by your state government.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?