21st December 2015, 11:21 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear for NET/SET exam after completing post graduation in English?

I have done my post graduation in English. Am I eligible to appear for net/set. I want the date of exam for this year.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to appear for NET/SET exam after completing post graduation in English? -- [New]
  2. Can I do B.Ed along with Post graduation in English?
  3. Can I appear in SET exam after MA in English if did not studied English honours?
  4. Which course should i choose in post graduation to become a English professor in a college?
  5. Am I eligible for NETSET Exam having completed BA with 60% and MA with 54% in the year of 2008? Last date to submit the application forms for this Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Am I eligible for Post Graduate Teacher if done graduation in English Language & Economics?
  7. Am I eligible to apply for NETSET? I am B.Com graduate and have done 5 levels of german language. After my graduation I worked in TCS for 2 years and currently I am pursuing MBA through correspondence from Symbiosis, Pune
  8. Eligibility for TGT exam to do B.Ed in J&K after graduation with 46% and post graduation in English with 47.5%?
  9. Am I eligible for CAT with Diploma and Post Graduate Diploma degrees?
  10. Am I eligible for NET Exam after completing intermediate with 50% and graduation from distance with 65%?
  11. Can I do PG in Psychology after completing graduation in English?
  12. Will I be eligible for UGC lecturership after graduation and PG in English from IGNOU? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Am I eligible for Ph.D after completing graduation and post graduation through correspondence?
  14. Am I eligible to do post graduation course in mass communication after completion of graduation in English honours?
  15. Post graduation options after completing graduation in English Copy Editing?
  16. How to give NETSET exam after completing ICWAI
  17. Am I eligible for the lecturer post for doing MCA post graduation?
  18. Am I eligible for TGT post for KV school? I have finished my graduation in English and B.Ed
22nd December 2015, 11:12 AM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET/SET exam after completing post graduation in English?

Yes, you are eligible to appear for NET/SET examination. NET examination is conducted by UGC twice every year.

The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as JRF or Lecturer. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed master's degree from any recognised university.

Candidate must have at least 55% aggregate in master degree and relaxation for reserved category.

Candidate age must be between 19-28 years for JRF relaxation in upper age limit for reserved category.

SET examination is conducted by different state and eligibility is same.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. The examination calendar for 2016 is not released. For more information visit at http://www.ugc.ac.in.
22nd December 2015, 06:31 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear for NET/SET exam after completing post graduation in English?

NET examination is conducted twice in month of June and December every year. The application for 2015 examination is over. So, you have to wait for next examination notifications.

Yes, you are eligible to appear for examination if you have scored above 55% aggregate in PG. To appear for JRF age must be between 19-28 years.

For more information about examination visit at www.ugc.ac.in.
22nd December 2015, 07:53 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test. It is conducted by University Grants Commission twice every year and SET is State Eligibility Test, conducted by different states.

The academic qualification for both exam is master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university. Minimum of 55% marks in master's degree for general candidate and 50% for OBC and SC/ST candidates.

Upper age limit for Junior Research Fellowship is 28 years. There is no upper age limit for lectureship.

The notification for June NET exam is not yet declared. You need to wait for it.
22nd December 2015, 08:19 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have done my post graduation in English. Am I eligible to appear for net/set. I want the date of exam for this year.
You have completed post graduation degree in English so you are eligible for NET/SET exam.

NET exam is conducted for JRF and LS post.

SET exam is conducted for LS post.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university are eligible for NET/SET exam. General and OBC candidates should hold 55% and above marks in masters degree. For SC/ST candidate its 50% and above in masters degree.

Age criteria for NET/SET exam:-

For JRF Post :-Your age should be below 28 years.

For Lectureship Post :-There is no age criteria.

Important dates for UGC NET exam 2015:-

Submission of online application form:-From 1st October 2015

Last date for Applying Online:-1st November 2015

Date of Examination:-27th December 2015 (Sunday)
22nd December 2015, 08:34 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

The acronym NET stands for National Eligibility Test and SET stands for State Eligibility Test.

Academic Qualification for both exam:

Master's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Percentage of marks to apply for both exams in master's degree is 55%. For SC/ST candidates is 50%.

You can apply for both after post graduation in English but you have required percentage of marks.

No exam at present, next NET exam will be in June, 2016. Date is yet to be specified by UGC which is examination conducting authority.
22nd December 2015, 09:34 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You will be eligible for NET/SET if you have got 55% marks in your post graduation degree in English from a recognized university. For reserved category there is 5% relaxation in marks.

Therefore, if you fulfill the above criteria then be prepared for these exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?