22nd December 2015, 10:21 PM
Unregistered

Eligibility for GATE exam for government job after B.Tech with 70% and inter with 57%?

Respected sir, my b.tec percentage is 70% & I have 10 marks less than 50% & inter 57% we are eligible for govt. job for after gate qualify?

Related Questions:
  1. What to do after B.Tech. in EEE, GATE or GRE or Job? Would it be a problem if I have less than 60% in B.Tech.? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Is it possible to get placed in a top company after scoring 64.9 in B.Tech and 90+ in both inter and 10th?
  3. How to get a job in IES if I am a B.Tech final year student
  4. What can I do on the basis of 73% in 10th, 79% in inter and 75% in B.Tech?
  5. Can I get a government job with inter qualification
  6. How to apply for government job after complete distance B.Com?
  7. Am I eligible to attend central/government state government job exam after passing inter with 61%
  8. Details about government jobs which are available after B.Tech? Eligibility criteria and percentage? Is government job better than the private?
  9. Which government jobs will suit me after completing 10th with 80.2%, 12th with 94.7% and B.Tech with 73%?
  10. Am I eligible for government job after studying in degree without inter
  11. Eligibility for job in Railway or any other government sector after B.Tech in Civil Engineering? Details of competitive exams for the same?
  12. Which government job can i get after securing 86% marks in B.Sc. (Agriculture)?
  13. Can I get a government job with 16.91 score in GATE 2015?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for private and government bank jobs after completing inter?
  15. After inter is there any job in government for MPC students?
  16. Is it possible to get government job right after completion of B.Tech Computer Science?
  17. Am I eligible for government job after passing B.Tech Mechanical with 61.90%? Is GATE score necessary for government jobs?
  18. How to get a software job after scoring 76% in 10th, 88% in inter and 61% in B.Tech ECE
23rd December 2015, 06:45 AM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for GATE exam for government job after B.Tech with 70% and inter with 57%?

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

Eligibility criteria for GATE exam:

Candidate must have done bachelor's degree in engineering or technology. Final year candidates can also apply for exam.

You just need to have passing percentage of marks. Even if you have pending backlogs in bachelor's degree, you need to submit or upload a certificate issued by Head of Department or Director of your college.

You are eligible for GATE exam with 70% marks in B.Tech. If you qualify GATE exam, you will be eligible for job in government sector in different PSUs.
23rd December 2015, 12:19 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility for GATE exam for government job after B.Tech with 70% and inter with 57%?

Eligibility Criteria for Government Jobs through GATE Score:

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Government Jobs through GATE Score and remember there is no minimum percentage criteria is required to be eligible. You have mentioned that you have been qualified in GATE Examination so itself it is mentioned that you have got the Eligibility Criteria already. Basically there is no certain percentage criteria is required in order to be eligible. Generally companies namely BHEL, NHPC, NLC, MRPL, GAIL India Limited, PSTCL, CEL, MDL, NFL, Oil India Limited, Power Grid Corporation of Limited and other companies generally ask candidates to qualify in the GATE Examination and I do not think there is a percentage criteria. So as far as my knowledge is concerned, you are certainly eligible to get government job in companies which offer recruitment through GATE Score.
23rd December 2015, 04:41 PM
Prashantwin
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible for government job after qualifying GATE exam.
There is no minimum percentage criteria to apply for government job after GATE qualification.

Candidate must have passed graduation in engineering or equivalent in order to apply for GATE exam.
Final year candidates are also eligible to apply for GATE exam.
23rd December 2015, 08:36 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected sir, my b.tec percentage is 70% & I have 10 marks less than 50% & inter 57% we are eligible for govt. job for after gate qualify?
You have completed B.Tech degree so you are eligible for GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE exam. There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
23rd December 2015, 11:18 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for all government jobs if you score well in the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) exam.

The eligibility requirements for GATE exam are given below.

ELIGIBILITY :

* Candidate should be citizen of India.

* The minimum age limit to appear in the GATE exam is 18 years.

* Candidate should have completed bachelor's degree in any discipline from any recognized university.

* Candidates who are appearing in the final year of the qualifying examination are also eligible.

As you have completed your bachelor's degree with 70% you are eligible for the GATE exam.

By qualifying in the GATE exam you are eligible to get admission in IIT's, NIT's and IIIT's etc. You are also eligible to get government job in the various public sectors.

Some of the public sectors which offer employment are given below :

* Railways.

* UPSC.

* SSC.

* Banking sector.

* Postal services.

* PSC's.

* PSU's like BHEL, DRDO, BSNL, SAIL, GAIL, BARC, ONGC, IOCL, NTPC etc.
25th December 2015, 08:37 PM
ayush_1993

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Government Jobs through GATE Score and remember there is no minimum percentage criteria is required to be eligible.

Eligibility:

candidate must be indian.
minimum age is 18 years.
Must be graduate.

By qualifying in the GATE exam you are eligible to get admission in IIT's, NIT's and IIIT's etc or apply in government sector jobs in different PSU company.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?