25th December 2015, 03:05 PM
Unregistered

How to study PhD and become English Professor being a postgraduate?

Dear Sir,
I am Rajbir completed PG in English and now I am willing to do PhD from a reputed university. I have secured 1st division in all classes. What should I do to fulfill my wish and aim to be a Professor of English through PhD?

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for Ph.D to become English professor being a postgraduate? -- [New]
  2. How can I get admission to study PhD in English being a M.A. and B.Ed postgraduate?
  3. Detailed information about PhD in English Language and English Literature for an English postgraduate? Possibility to do PhD in Management?
  4. Can I study PhD without appearing in any entrance exam being a English postgraduate?
  5. Which course should i choose in post graduation to become a English professor in a college?
  6. Admission procedure to study PhD in English in Calicut University for M.A. postgraduate?
  7. Should I have to study PhD to become a Professor?
  8. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in UK for M.A. postgraduate?
  9. How can I study PhD in English in Abroad being M.Phil postgraduate?
  10. Am I exempted to attend entrance exam for study PhD if completed M.Phil in English Language? Where should I pursue PhD?
  11. Can I become a Professor/Lecturer without NET/SLET being a Biotechnology postgraduate?
  12. Eligibility to study PhD(English) in Central University of Tamil Nadu, Thiruvarur for English postgraduate?
  13. Can I become a Lecturer if study PhD in Management being a MBA and M.A.(English Literature) postgraduate?
  14. Can I study PhD in English if having 23 years of Teaching experience? List of Universities in Karnataka?
  15. Eligibility to study PhD in Computer Science for IT postgraduate? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Can I get free scholarship to study PhD being a MA postgraduate?
  17. Can I study Part Time PhD in Anna University being an English postgraduate?
  18. Admission procedure to study PhD in English Literature in Ranchi University for M.A. postgraduate?
29th January 2016, 05:38 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How to study PhD and become English Professor being a postgraduate?

For admission in PH.D you need to clear written exam and interview conducted by the concerned university. If you have 55% marks in post graduation then surely you are eligible for PH.D admission in India.

5 years of professional experience will give you exemption from written exam and only interview stage is needed. Performance in interview will have greater role in selection at a reputed university.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?