24th January 2016, 10:46 AM
Unregistered

What are the basic requirements for Income Tax Department officer post?

Hello sir,

I want to be an officer in Income Ta Department. I am just 12th passed right now. So can you please tell me what are the basic requirements for becoming one?

[email protected]
Thank you

24th January 2016, 03:58 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the basic requirements for Income Tax Department officer post?

Basic Requirements needed to become Income Tax Department Officer:

In order to become Income Tax Officer, you are required to follow the below eligibility criteria. The minimum educational qualification required to be eligible for becoming Income Tax Officer is "Graduate Degree" or a Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university. The minimum age required to become Income Tax Officer is 18 years and the maximum age must not exceed 28 years and there will be an age relaxation for reserved category candidates. Since you have completed 12th Class, I suggest you to pursue Graduate Degree from a recognized institute. After successful completion of Graduation you can apply for SSC CGL (Combined Graduate Level) Examination.
24th January 2016, 08:10 PM
Prince8645
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the basic requirements for Income Tax Department officer post?

No, you are not eligible to become Officer in Income Tax department with 10+2 educational qualification.

To become Officer in Income Tax as of I.R.S you have to appear and qualify in Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is conducted by UPSC every year. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed graduation from any recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination now, the examination is conducted in three stages and you have to qualify in all these stages for final selection.

So, you can start preparation for examination. For more information about examination visit at http://www.upsc.gov.in
24th January 2016, 10:00 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir,

I want to be an officer in Income Ta Department. I am just 12th passed right now. So can you please tell me what are the basic requirements for becoming one?

[email protected]
Thank you
Minimum qualification required to apply for Income Tax Department officer examination is completing a degree course from a recognized Institution.

Your age should be in between 21 to 27 years.

To become an income tax officer, you should qualify in SSC CGL exam. So if you once successfully complete SSC CGL Tier I and II exam and interview exam then you are eligible for Income Tax Officer post.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?