16th June 2010, 04:01 PM
drpardeepsingh

What is age limit for various civil services in India? any relaxation criteria?

What is age limit for various civil services in india & what is relaxation criteria?
Thanks
dr pardeep singh

16th June 2010, 04:50 PM
tapashalder

Default Re: What is age limit for various civil services in India? any relaxation criteria?

generally 18 years is the lowest age limit & 55 years is the Highest age limit for verious civil services & also 5 years age relaxation criteria only SC, ST, Ex Service man.
16th June 2010, 05:39 PM
compaq123
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is age limit for various civil services in India? any relaxation criteria?

the age limit for civil service is 20 to 30 years only.
16th June 2010, 05:50 PM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

For Civil service Criteria is such that.

General Candidates: Number of attempts- 3, Age Limit- 30 years.

OBC (Non-Creamy Layer): Number of attempts- 7 times, Age Limit- 30 years.

SC/ST/PH: Number of attempts- 5 times, Age Limit- 34 years.
16th June 2010, 07:01 PM
tamilarasan p

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiyaz View Post
For Civil service Criteria is such that.

General Candidates: Number of attempts- 3, Age Limit- 30 years.

OBC (Non-Creamy Layer): Number of attempts- 7 times, Age Limit- 30 years.

SC/ST/PH: Number of attempts- 5 times, Age Limit- 34 years.

in addition with faiyaz's information, there are some other age relaxation. i suggest you to visit http://upscportal.com/civilservices/info/Civil-Service-Age-Limits
16th June 2010, 07:30 PM
kajo

the candidate should have attained 21 years and should not exceed 30 years.
relaxation is upto 5 years
16th June 2010, 08:45 PM
sanjusays

21-30 years as on 1st August of the year of Examination.

Certain categories of persons as specified in the Commission's Notice as published in Employment News/Rozgar Samachar are eligible for age relaxation.
16th June 2010, 11:32 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

The minimum age for appearing for the Civil Service Preliminary examination is 21 years and the upper age limit is 30 years and a relaxation is getting only SC/ST candidates, because they will get 5 attempt ans maximum age limit is 34 year to appear in this
exams. the general candidates will not get any relaxation in civil Service Preliminary examination............
17th June 2010, 06:28 AM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Age limit for Civil Services in India

MInimum age- 21 years
Maximum age- 30 years

Relaxation:
5 years for SC/ST
3 years for OBC
10 years for blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped persons.
20th June 2010, 08:04 AM
Unregistered

I am interersted in writing IAS Prelims Examination. I am a post graduate(M.Tech).I am 36 year old and belongs to SC. Am I eligible for writing the Exam?
3rd July 2010, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

What is term & Condition for civil service ?
7th July 2010, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

ANY RELAXATION FOR FEMAILS?
15th July 2010, 10:02 PM
Hitha Nanjappa

ANY RELAXATION FOR FEMAILS?

no quota for female candidates..
11th August 2010, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

what is the age relaxation for ex service men in govt. jobs
15th August 2010, 10:15 PM
ansh_ansh
Senior Member++++

The minimum age for appearing for the Civil Service Preliminary examination is 21 year

and the upper age limit is 30 years

For general category: Number of attempts- 3
24th August 2010, 11:20 AM
Unregistered

what is the age limit for west bengal civil service examination
25th August 2010, 01:49 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the age limit for west bengal civil service examination

Well, for all Groups (A,B,C,& D) of West Bengal Civil Service the Age Limit 32 years.

However, there is relaxation of about 5 years for SC/ST Candidates of West Bengal, 3 years for BC candidates of West Bengal and age limit for West bengal candidate with Physical disability is 45 years/.

NOTE: For being a (P.W.D.) candidate, must have 40% or above disability.
25th August 2010, 02:40 AM
robart
Senior Member+

dear friend,

the age limit for various civil services is as under....

for most coveted UPSC exam the age limit for general category students is upto 30 years, and maximum attempts is four.

for obc candidates it is 33 years and maximum attempts is seven.

for sc candidates it is more than seven attempts. etc.

for other state civil services the age criteria is almost same.

all the best.
25th August 2010, 12:55 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

For civil service exams for general Age limit is 30 years..and you get 3 attempts to qualify the test...

You need to work hard and use your attempts at the right time...

In Delhi you will find numerous coaching classes for IAS,IES etc...
For OBc No. of attempts are 7 and Age limit is 34 years..
25th August 2010, 05:27 PM
Adarshxxx
Senior Member+

Dear friend,
the age limit criteria for various civil services in India is 30 years with maximum 5 attempts within that age.the age relaxation for SC/ST students is 34 years and total of 7 attempts.and there is no age relaxation for OBC category.
Wish you all the best!!
25th August 2010, 06:15 PM
nillu
Senior Member+

well the age limit for UPSC civil services is 32 and there is age relaxation according to your category.
For UP PCS the is maximum of 35 years relaxation.
Accordingly it can vary from different state to state.
10th September 2010, 12:56 PM
Unregistered

why there is age limit for woman ,if they wish to do something n interested ,also capable ?
why our Government could give one chance to those who are really capable, wish to do something in life?
And to those who missed opportunity for some unavoidable reason n wish to give this examination .
N for that they dont need special consession in any type of training , studies except some relaxation in age , atleast till 45 of her age.
13th September 2010, 08:12 PM
Unregistered

When the new syllabus is coming for CSAT ?
19th September 2010, 07:33 PM
Unregistered

what is the qualification for writing the IPS exam and whats the age limit
11th October 2010, 05:20 PM
Sushant Roy
Senior Member++++

hi friend,

Candidate should be aged in between 21 and 30 years only for general category in august month of the year of examination. If he/she belongs to non general or some special case category then relaxation in age is granted accordingly:-
- upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
- upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
- upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.
- upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled during hostilities with foreign countries or in a disturbed area and consequently released.
- upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen
- upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs / SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment (5 years Military Service) as on August 1 of the year of examination
- upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.
18th October 2010, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

I am an ex-servicemen and 34.5 years old. How many times i can attend the civil service exam?
19th October 2010, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

i want to appear in upsc prlims now i am 38 yrs old pl. tell me how
19th October 2010, 11:59 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Hello dear,
For Civil service Criteria is

1.General Candidates: Number of attempts- 3, Age Limit- 30 years.
2.OBC (Non-Creamy Layer): Number of attempts- 7 times, Age Limit- 30 years.
3.SC/ST/PH: Number of attempts- 5 times, Age Limit- 34 years. For PD candidates disability should be greater than 40%.
22nd October 2010, 07:16 AM
helpmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i want to appear in upsc prlims now i am 38 yrs old pl. tell me how
SEE for exserviceman they get different age relaxation.
As far all the state pcs is concerned they have different criteria.
For more details visist www.upsc.gov.in
17th November 2010, 07:32 PM
Unregistered

Actually I wanted to know whether there is a quota for state psc exams like wbsc and for how many years?
3rd December 2010, 10:06 AM
Unregistered

i want to know kerala state civil service examination age and qualification
3rd December 2010, 12:10 PM
Unregistered

this is rajesh kumar from chandigarh

i want to appear in upsc prlims now i am 30 yrs old ,
i'm obc candidate. pl. tell me how
11th December 2010, 11:45 AM
Unregistered

I am rajesh, post graduate in chemistry, I want to write civils. my date of birth is 2-6-1983 I am belongs to OBC. Please give the details for age limit and no of attempts... and medium of examination.. i want to write in Telugu is it possible.. please send your valuble information to my mail id [email protected]
26th December 2010, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

hi
please change age relaxation for 2010 Upsc Prelims attempts is ok . but change upper age limit for all candidates upto 35 . if you need reservation you can give on posts no problems . why difference eligibility consider in age . every one like to do something for society . plz give chance to appear all . i like to fight on this . any one ready

venkat
2nd January 2011, 10:30 PM
Unregistered

iam a sailor in indian navy . my age is 32yrs. can i appear for IAS/IES.
3rd January 2011, 06:46 PM
subho19
Senior Member+++

Talking Re: What is age limit for various civil services in India? any relaxation criteria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drpardeepsingh View Post
What is age limit for various civil services in india & what is relaxation criteria?
Thanks
dr pardeep singh
Dear friend,
Minimum age is 21 and maximum is 30,for SC/ST/OBC candidates has 5 years relaxations...
19th January 2011, 11:35 PM
abhimanyu2688

age limit for civil services exam is 21-30 years for general category, 21-33 years for obc category and 21-35 for sc/st category.
20th January 2011, 12:00 AM
daxter

Hello,

The minimum age for appearing for the Civil Service Preliminary examination is 21 years and the upper age limit is 30 years. The minimum qualification is graduation in any discipline from a recognised Indian University or an equivalent qualification. There is a relaxation for SC/ST candidates on the number of attempts, if they are otherwise eligible.

For entry to Civil Services, there is a multi-step examination process. The entire selection process takes the entire calendar year.
20th January 2011, 09:35 AM
rks_estate

Dear,

Age limit for various civil services examination in India and age relaxation criteria are as follows: -

1. For General Candidates - 21 to 30 years

2. For OBC Candidates - upto 35 years

3. For SC / ST Candidates - upto 40 years

4. For freedom fighter Candidates - upto 36 years etc.

Good Luck
20th January 2011, 12:36 PM
Unregistered

what is the age relaxation for general candidates in Gujarat Government Recrutiment after the year 2007 ?
20th January 2011, 03:25 PM
mishra245

The age eligibility for civil services exam is 21 years to 30th years.
if we talk relaxation then this is for SC is no age limit.
5th February 2011, 07:24 AM
bikenindia

Quote:
Thanks
dr pardeep singh
Hi Pardeep,

Civil service is one of the top service in India. Civil service exams are conducted by UPSC every year.
The age limit is : 21-30 years of age.

A general candidate cam appear 4 times and for SC/ST category, they can write for 7 times.

All the best.
7th February 2011, 12:13 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am SC candidate & also serving in Central govt. What is the age limit for my criteria ?
15th February 2011, 10:41 PM
bikenindia

Quote:
Thanks
dr pardeep singh
Hi,

The age limit for IAS civil service exam conducted by UPSC is
between 21-30 years.
A general student can appear civil service exam for 4 times and for
SC/ST- 7.
Here i have attached a file consist of eligibility criteria.

Log onto the website www.upsc.gov.in for more information.

Thanks...
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ias.pdf(135.4 KB, 90 views)
16th February 2011, 02:15 AM
sonumitra

For this examination the age limit should be 18 to 55
27th February 2011, 09:56 PM
Unregistered

After completion of 20 Years of service in Defence, is the person is eligible for ICS,WBCS or any other Gazetted Jobs.
28th February 2011, 11:24 PM
babydoll

Hello friend,
The civil services in India conducted by the upsc. So the age criteria would be 21-30. There will be 5% relaxation for the other backward castes.
For more eligibility criteria you can visit the website of upsc as-
www.upsc.gov.in
21st March 2011, 01:04 AM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

AGE LIMIT AND RELAXATION
i. A candidate must have attained 21 years and not be over 30 years on August 1 of the year of examination.
ii. The upper age limit is relaxed in specific cases as mentioned below:
a. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate belongs to SC/ST.
b. upto a maximum of 3 years if the candidate belongs to Other Backward Classes.
c. upto a maximum of 5 years if the candidate had been domiciled in Jammu & Kashmir during the period between January 1, 1980 and December 31, 1989.
d. upto a maximum of 3 years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled during hostilities with foreign countries or in a disturbed area and consequently released.
e. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs / SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on August 1 of the year of examination and have been released:
on completion of assignment (including those whose assignment is due to be completed within one year from August 1 of the year of examination) otherwise than by way of dismissal or discharge on account of misconduct or inefficiency, or
on account of physical disability attributable to Military Service, or
on invalidment.
f. upto a maximum of 5 years in the case of ECOs / SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment (5 years Military Service) as on August 1 of the year of examination and whose assignment has been extended beyond 5 years. Such candidates will have to provide a certificate from the Ministry of Defence stating that they can apply for civil employment and they will be released on a notice of 3 months, upon selection, from the date of receipt of offer of appointment.
g. upto a maximum of 10 years in the case of blind, deaf-mute and orthopaedically handicapped candidates.
22nd March 2011, 12:09 PM
Unregistered

what is the maximum number of attempts for west bengal civil service exam?
15th April 2011, 03:40 PM
Unregistered

Now ,my age is 18 and I am B.Tech 1st year. I am eligible for writing civils?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?