31st January 2016, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

Whether Arts students are eligible to study Fashion Designing course or not?

I am currently an Arts student in higher secondary examination. I am appearing it from West Bengal board. I want to know whether i am eligible to study Fashion Designing or not?

31st January 2016, 11:05 AM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Arts students are eligible to study Fashion Designing course or not?

Surely ,Arts student can definitely pursue fashion designing course. You have to qualify the entrance exam that is conducted by top universities of fashion designing in our country.
NIFT is one of the best institutes where you can pursue fashion designing course.
Minimum qualification required is 12 from recognised board in any discipline.
31st January 2016, 11:11 AM
kantraman

Default Re: Whether Arts students are eligible to study Fashion Designing course or not?

There are many courses after 12th,but the basic eligibility is 12th passed in any stream from any board.If you want to complete graduation in Fashion Designing then 12th passed arts candidate is eligible as the basic qualification is 12th passed in any stream.
31st January 2016, 11:35 AM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As per my knowledge the minimum qualification needed to crack the fashion designing exam is 12th from recognised board in any discipline with at least 50% marks and 45% for SC and ST as per government rules.
Here is a list of entrance tests of top universities of India given where you can see admission:

All India Entrance Examination for Design

Army Institute of fashion Design

Common Entrance Examination for Design

NIFT Mohali entrance exam

School of Fashion Technology Pune.
31st January 2016, 12:09 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely being an art student you are eligible for pursuing the fashion designing courses. As the eligibility criteria for the graduation in fashion designing says that you must have completed 12th class in any stream with minimum of 45% marks from any well affiliated school. One of the most important thing that you must care about is that your age must not be more than 23 years at the time of admission in bachelor degree course in fashion designing course.
31st January 2016, 08:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, arts stream students are also eligible for fashion designing course only. There is an entrance exam conducted by the NIFT every year and arts stream students are also eligible.
Just perform well in the entrance exam so that you are allotted the best college based on your rank through counselling.
31st January 2016, 09:01 PM
ruthless
Member+

Yes it is possible for arts student to study fashion designing but it is only possible if a student will pass 10th and 12th with at least 50% marks from recognised board.

There are different type of fashion designing courses given below:
Advanced diploma in textile design and fashion design.
Certificate course in fashion designing.
Graduate diploma program in textile and Apparel designing.
31st January 2016, 11:14 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am currently an Arts student in higher secondary examination. I am appearing it from West Bengal board. I want to know whether i am eligible to study Fashion Designing or not?
Yes, you are eligible for fashion designing course.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard or diploma course from a recognized board/university are eligible for fashion designing course.

Your age should be above 17 years.
1st February 2016, 12:31 AM
kaushikprince
Senior Member++

Yes, arts student can study fashion designing course after completing 12th boards examination and the course they can study is B.Des.
B.Des stands for Bachelor of Designing.
It is 3 year undergraduate course for students who have completed 12th boards examination.

NIFT(National Institute of Fashion Technology) is the best institute in India for B.Des course.
Admission in B.Des in NIFT colleges are provided on the basis of entrance examination conducted by NIFT.
Eligibility to appear in NIFT for admission in B.Des course are
-Candidate must have competed 12th board examination from any recognized board in any stream
-Candidate must be of age less than 23 years on 1st October in the year of examination.

The entrance examination for admission in NIFT colleges in India will be held on 14th Feb 2016 and registration process for this year entrance examination is over.
So, you will have to wait for next year if you want to take admission in NIFT.
26th May 2020, 01:52 AM
Unregistered

Can you offer fashion design as a short course
22nd August 2020, 08:30 AM
Unregistered

Can i do fashion design after 12 commerce stream compeleting
22nd December 2020, 04:32 AM
Unregistered

As an art student what are the four subject I need to write in jamb to get an admission to study fashion designing
4th February 2021, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

Whether arts (business maths) student take b.sc fashion designer after my 12th
18th August 2021, 08:51 PM
Unregistered

I am an arts student in higher secondary ,what the opportunities and scopes are available if I take B.sc fashion designer ??? What are the best college for fashion designer ??? And it is an good to take fashion designer???? And this fashion designer is based on what ??? Is this an good and best to survive in the world????
16th May 2022, 10:38 PM
Unregistered

As an art student i want to study fashion design, where can i study it in nigeria and what are the subject combination in jamb
27th May 2022, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

Am an art student pls what are the subject combination for jamb
31st May 2022, 06:16 AM
Crenchekids
Senior Member+++++

Yes, arts stream students are also eligible for fashion designing course only. Aspirants who have cleared their Class 12 from any stream (Science/ Commerce/ Arts) can pursue a Fashion Design course at the graduate level. However, most popular Design colleges allow candidates to take part in their admission process only if they have completed their schooling from a recognised board.
19th January 2023, 03:06 PM
Unregistered

Am an art what are the subject combination for jamb to study fashion design and clothing technology.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?