6th February 2016, 07:44 AM
Unregistered

Can i write GATE examination after studying Diploma in Mechanical?

I am doing diploma in mechanical engineering in v.v.nagar. I want to write GATE examination once i complete my Diploma course. So i need to know if i can write the GATE examination after this or not?

6th February 2016, 09:24 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i write GATE examination after studying Diploma in Mechanical?

No, you are not eligible to write GATE examination after completion of your three years Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering. To be eligible to appear in GATE examination, you must have completed Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology or you must be in final year of Graduation course. Since, you have not pursued Graduation course, you are not eligible to write GATE examination. So, I suggest you to opt for B.E/B.Tech course after completion of your Diploma course, so, that you are eligible to write GATE examination.
6th February 2016, 10:01 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am doing diploma in mechanical engineering in v.v.nagar. I want to write GATE examination once i complete my Diploma course. So i need to know if i can write the GATE examination after this or not?
No, diploma candidates are not eligible for GATE exam. But after completion of B.Tech/B.E degree, you can apply for GATE exam.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then are eligible for GATE Exam. There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam.You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
6th February 2016, 12:47 PM
Jitu369

Sorry friend, but its not possible. You can not write GATE examination after completion of 3 years diploma engineering course.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. Without compltion of graduate degree you can't eligible for GATE because diploma is not considered as graduate degree. Here I'm providing eligibility criteria for GATE.

Eligibility criteria for GATE:
◆ candidates with bachelor's degree in engineering/technology/architecture and those who are in final year of bachelor's degree programme.

◆ Candidates who completed or in final year of post diploma/post B.Sc are eligible.

◆ Candidates in final year of dual degree programme are eligible.

◆ Candidates with general category must have 60% & candidates with SC/ST/OBC must have 55% in qualifying examination.

There is no provision for diploma holders in eligibitity criteria for GATE. So, you can't appear for GATE.
7th February 2016, 01:49 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

I am extremely sorry to state that you cannot write GATE examination after completion of your diploma course. GATE is the competitive exam for the graduate degree holding students who are aspiring for higher studies and jobs. Diploma candidates are ineligible for GATE. However, you can pursue your degree course in Mechanical Engineering or related streams, and then can appear in GATE.
7th February 2016, 02:02 PM
monikasiri

No,you can write GATE exam after completing your Diploma in any branch.GATE is the common entrance exam to do M.Tech after completing your B.Tech or B.E.You can also appear for GATE exam to use the score to get a job.But you can appear for GATE examination only after you complete your graduation.So, you can attend it after completing your B.Tech or B.E for your further studies or to use the GATE score to get any job.
23rd July 2019, 05:51 PM
aryaman10

Eligibility criteria for gate:
Candidates should have completed their Bachelor's degree in Engineering/Technology or Master's degree (M.Sc) in any relevant science subject or must be in the final year of the programme. While applying for GATE.

So you are not eligible.
27th September 2019, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed my diploma(mining) in 2016
Then after i completed my b.tech(CSE)2019
Now my question is can i write GATE 2020 in MINING branch
Please suggest mee..hope a reply from you sir
Thankyou
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?