10th February 2016, 07:48 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do MA in Maths with Graduation in Science subject?

I did my graduation in science stream in 1995 from Delhi University. My subjects were combined physics and maths, instrumentation and analytical chemistry. Now i want to do MA in maths. Can i study this course now?

Related Questions:
  1. Which subject I can choose to do my graduation if I am poor in physics, chemistry and maths?
  2. How can I do MCA without Maths in 12th?
  3. How can I make Maths as my 4th subject (optional) in WBCHSE Board?
  4. Best subject for post graduation after bachelors in Science?
  5. Mathematics will become optional if score less marks than Biology in 12th Science WBCHSE Board exam?
  6. After B.A English can I do MCA? What is the eligibility of that course?
  7. How to do graduation in Actuarial Science and what are the career prospect of this subject?
  8. Should I take Commerce with Maths or without Maths? Which subject to take along with Maths between Economic and Computer Science?
  9. How can I do graduation in BSc directly for TYBSc? Is there any way to take admission? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Is physical science considered as a graduation subject in UPSC?
  11. Which subject should I choose in graduation after passing 12th with Maths
  12. How can I do post graduation from IGNOU having done graduation from BHU?
  13. How to take B.Com in graduation without having maths in 11th? Can I become CA without Maths?
  14. Which stream is best for UPSC exam after passing 10th?
  15. Can I get admission in MD Pathology with whatever marks I get in entrance exam?
  16. How may i add an extra subject(history or geography) in graduation level after completing it? I've completed graduation with Hindi, English, Political Science, and Food Technology and B.Ed in social science
  17. Best MCA colleges in India for NRi students?
  18. Can I get admission in a good college like IIT for admission in M.Tech after completing MSc CS from computer science and graduation from BCA
10th February 2016, 12:39 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do MA in Maths with Graduation in Science subject?

Yes, you can do M.A. in Maths with Graduation in Science subject as you have studied Maths as a subject in Bachelor's degree.

Eligibility required to do M.A. in Maths is graduation degree with Mathematics Honours or Mathematics as one of the subject studied at Graduation level from a recognized university of India.
10th February 2016, 03:29 PM
ranu shahi

Default Re: Is it possible to do MA in Maths with Graduation in Science subject?

Yes you are eligible to pursue MA in Mathematics even after passing graduation in Science.

Eligibility criteria are as follows:-

Candidate must have passed graduation with at least 50% aggregate.

Candidate must have to go through entrance exam for admission.

Candidate will be allowed to get admission after qualifying in entrance exam only.

Age limit is not determined.
10th February 2016, 03:54 PM
Ashfaquerockz
Senior Member+

You are eligible to pursue MA(mathematics) if you have completed your graduation with Honours in Mathematics or have studied mathematics as one of your subjects in graduation from a recognized University. You should have scored a minimum of 50% in aggregate.
10th February 2016, 03:57 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes,. it is very much possible to pursue MA in Mathematics after having completed your graduation in Science subjects, provided you should have studied mathematics as one of your subjects in graduation and should have scored 55% in aggregate.

If you fulfill the above mentioned criteria, therefore you are very much eligible to pursue the course.
10th February 2016, 07:28 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I did my graduation in science stream in 1995 from Delhi University. My subjects were combined physics and maths, instrumentation and analytical chemistry. Now i want to do MA in maths. Can i study this course now?
No, you can't do M.A in Mathematics.

Those candidates who have completed B.A/B.Sc in Mathematics degree from recognized university are eligible for M.A in Mathematics course.
10th February 2016, 07:57 PM
kantraman

Yes you are eligible for doing MA in mathematics as you have already completed your B.Sc in PCM .For getting MA in mathematics it is compulsory to have math subject in graduation.
11th February 2016, 12:41 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, it is possible to study M.A or M.Sc in Mathematics as you have studied Mathematics as one of the subjects in graduation. The duration of the course is 2 years. There will be an entrance examination for the admission in some colleges. The course is available in many colleges like;
11th February 2016, 03:17 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Yes you can study the course of M.Sc now.
You need to appear for the Entrance Examination for the course of M.Sc.
Once you are able to clear the Entrance Examination you will be able to take admission to the course M.Sc in Mathematics.
Since you had Mathematics in your graduation you will be able to pursue the course of Mathematics in M.Sc.
11th February 2016, 10:08 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Since, you have studied Mathematics subject at your Graduation level, hence you are eligible to apply for MA in Mathematics course. The basic qualification required to apply for MA in Mathematics is a pass in Bachelor degree with 50% of marks in any discipline from a recognized university. Those who completed B.Sc in mathematics given special preference at the time of admission.

Normally, there are two modes to pursue for M.A in Mathematics course. One can apply either through regular or distance mode. One need to score at least 50% of marks at Graduation to be eligible for MA Mathematics through regular mode. The selection will be based on the marks obtained in the entrance exam.
11th February 2016, 12:09 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for post graduation in maths subject if you have studied maths and physics at degree level from a recognized university. The only problem will be the gap that you have after graduation.

If you have valid reason for this gap then surely you can get admission. Mostly, admission will be based on the marks obtained in the degree course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?