13th February 2016, 02:42 AM
Unregistered

Syllabus and reference books for ISI Kolkata B.Stat exam 2016

I need Isi kolkata b.stat programme syllabus in detail and the reference books that to be used to prepare for the entrance exam of 2016 to enter in isi kolkata for doing my statistics.

13th February 2016, 10:01 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Syllabus and reference books for ISI Kolkata B.Stat exam 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I need Isi kolkata b.stat programme syllabus in detail and the reference books that to be used to prepare for the entrance exam of 2016 to enter in isi kolkata for doing my statistics.
Books for ISI entrance exam:-

An Excursion in Mathematics, by M. R. Modak, S. A. Katre, V. V. Acharya. RMO committee.
Problem Primer for the Olympiad, by V.Krishnamurthy, C.R.Pranesachar, K.N. Ranganathan, B.J. Venkatachala. Interline Publishing Pvt. Ltd.
Challenge and Thrill of Pre-College Mathematics, by V.Krishnamurthy, C.R.Pranesachar, K.N.Ranganathan, B.J.Venkatachala. New Age International Publishers.
Modern Geometry, by M. A. Durrel. Macmillan & Co.
Geometry Revisited, by H. S. M. Coxeter & S. L. Greitzer. Mathematical Association of America.
Plane Trigonometry, by S. L. Loney. Macmillan & Co.
The elements of coordinate geometry, by S. L. Loney. Cambridge University Press.
An Introduction to the Theory of Numbers, by I. Niven & H. S. Zuckerman. Wiley Eastern Ltd.
Elementary Number Theory, by David Burton. Universal Book Stall.
Higher Algebra, by S. Barnard & J.M. Child. Macmillan & Co.
Problems in Calculus of One Variable, by I. A. Maron. Mir Publishers.
Challenging Mathematical Problems With Elementary Solutions, by A. M. Yaglom & I. M. Yaglom. Dover Publishers.

I have attached the syllabus for ISI entrance exam for B.Stat so please check it out.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf BST-BMT2016.pdf(463.1 KB, 288 views)
13th February 2016, 11:43 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Syllabus and reference books for ISI Kolkata B.Stat exam 2016

ISI is the Indian Satistical Institute examination which is conducted by the ISI admission test for admission in the Bachelors of Honours and masters degree courses of study

Syllabus for the ISI 2016 B.Statistical :
  1. Algebra and Number Theory
  2. Geometry
  3. Trignometry
  4. Calculus
These are the syllabus included in the ISI B.Stats examinations and this examination is conducted in the MCQ and Theory

Best book for the B.Stats is
Test of Mathematics 10+2 level Indian Statistical Institute Thirteen Edition

Online applications are invited now for the 2016 examination and the last date for recruitment is of March 11th 2016
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?