16th February 2016, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

Details required regarding admission in US college/universities after class XII for studying English Honours?

I am studying in class XII in the Humanities stream ( CBSE Board). My subject combination is- English, Pol.Science, Geography, History, Home Science & Sociology. I will be appearing for my HS exams in March 2013. For my bachelor degree studies(i.e. right after Class XII), i strongly want to go abroad, preferably in the USA and pursue English Honours but with 100% scholarship. I have a few queries. They are as follows:-

1. From when do I start preparing for SAT, TOEFL, IELTS,and other necessary exams and how?

2. For how long are the scores secured in these tests valid?

3. Please name the colleges/universities where I can pursue English Honours along with full details like location, subject combination, cut-off marks required, admission tests, fee structure, other facilities, websites & email addresses, living facilities and costs.

4. When, where and how shall I apply for the scholarship exam? how do I prepare for the scholarship exam ?

I would be much obliged if my above said doubts and queries are answered at the earliest, but please do so on the basis of both- after 2 and after graduation as it will help me in doing my further plannings.

Yours Sincerely,
Tania Ghosh
(student of class-XII CBSE board).

21st February 2016, 11:12 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Details required regarding admission in US college/universities after class XII for studying English Honours?

Quote:
1. From when do I start preparing for SAT, TOEFL, IELTS,and other necessary exams and how?
You should have started preparation by now. This is because the exams have different pattern and the competition level is quite high especially if you want to get admission in the top institutes. You can join coaching institutes to facilitate your preparation. Apart from this, there are various books for self-study.

Quote:
2. For how long are the scores secured in these tests valid?
It depends on the entrance exam which you take. Some are valid for two years while some are valid even up to 5 years.

Quote:
3. Please name the colleges/universities where I can pursue English Honours along with full details like location, subject combination, cut-off marks required, admission tests, fee structure, other facilities, websites & email addresses, living facilities and costs.
The top colleges are :-

- University of Oxford
- University of Cambridge
- Harvard University
- University of California
- Yale University
- Stanford University
- Princeton University

The expense depends on various factors like the course you prefer, the credit hours you opt for the course, the location of your stay, living standard, etc. The cut-off varies every year, however, you need to score high marks in the entrance exams to seek admission in them.

Quote:
4. When, where and how shall I apply for the scholarship exam? how do I prepare for the scholarship exam ?
Most of the foreign institutes give scholarship on the basis of performance in the entrance exams based on which they take admission. Hence there is no need of applying separately for any other exam to get scholarship.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?