9th March 2016, 11:12 AM
Unregistered

Which stream to choose in 10+2 to become an IPS Officer? Steps to be followed to be an IPS Officer?

Which stream should i take? Whether science or commerce or arts?? And what are the steps to be followed to be an IPS??

9th March 2016, 09:06 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream to choose in 10+2 to become an IPS Officer? Steps to be followed to be an IPS Officer?

To become IPS officer a candidate must have passed 12th from any discipline from recognised board. Minimum qualification required to appear in the Civil Services Exam to become IPS officer is graduation in any discipline from recognised University with minimum 50% marks. Age limit should be in between 21 to 30 years and relaxation of 5 years is given to SC and ST categories, 3 years to OBC and 10 years to physically handicapped children.
9th March 2016, 09:06 PM
pabolu srivalli

Thumbs up Re: Which stream to choose in 10+2 to become an IPS Officer? Steps to be followed to be an IPS Officer?

IPS is the Indian Police Service which is one of the Civil service of India and in order to enter in to the civil services you should have completed your graduation or bachelor degree in any of the stream in which you have interest in.

In your 12th you can take up any course in which you have interest there are no specific courses such as to pursue,you can take up any thing in which you have interest,so you can choose Commerce or science depending on your own interest.

There are some specific steps to be followed to become an IPS officer such as
  • Take up your 12th and then Graduation or bachelor degree in which you have interest in
  • During your degree on wards take up the coaching related to the IPS selection
  • Prepare thoroughly your books and get cleared in all the sectors of the Course
  • Take as many as you can mock test which will help you time management and good knowledge about what type of questions will be asked
  • Keep a goal of getting IPS and reach to it
  • Study thoroughly from your 12th on wards and make your base strong
9th March 2016, 09:30 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which stream to choose in 10+2 to become an IPS Officer? Steps to be followed to be an IPS Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Which stream should i take? Whether science or commerce or arts?? And what are the steps to be followed to be an IPS??
You can choose any stream (either Arts or Commerce or Science) in 10+2 for becoming an IPS Officer in future.

There is no such stream criteria for appearing in Civil Services Exam.

IPS officers are recruited through Civil Services Exam which is conducted by UPSC every year.

Important Dates of upcoming Civil Services Exam (Preliminary):
Release of Notifications along with Online Forms: 23 April, 2016
Last Date to apply: 20 May 2016
Date of Commencement of Exam: 07 August 2016

You will have to qualify three stages to become IPS Officer:
  • Preliminary Exam (CSAT Exam)
  • Mains Exam
  • Personal Interview
9th March 2016, 09:45 PM
A033bhishek

Default Re: Which stream to choose in 10 2 to become an IPS Officer? Steps to be followed to be an IPS Officer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir,
Examination of Indian Police Service (IPS) is Conducted by UPSC.
Exam happens in two terms.
First paper prelims.
second paper mains.
so choose those subjects in your graduation which you like the most becouse it will help you to crack the mains paper.
Prelims paper contain Gk, Gs, English and reasoning
13th March 2016, 11:51 AM
kohli183

You become IPS officer you must have following qualifications

You must be Indian

You must be complete Graduation

You must between 21 to 30 years , age relaxation as per rules
8th April 2018, 11:44 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Which stream to choose in 10 2 to become an IPS Officer? Steps to be followed to be an IPS Officer?

I want to become an ips officer. Can I take any of the streams such as science or commerce or arts. Please guide me.
1st May 2019, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

After 12th standard which engineering course is needed or required for ips exam
31st March 2020, 11:29 PM
Unregistered

I Also want to become an ips officer bt i am confused for graduation ,which streme i selected for become crack upsc exams proprly plz someone guide me for my bachlor degre
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?