30th March 2016, 12:10 AM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do Ph.D from IGNOU?

I passed mlis i do phd from in your university it is possible or not? Can I do Ph.D from IGNOU? What is the procedure followed for the same? Can someone please give me the information on the same? It will be really helpful for me to proceed further.

Thanks!

30th March 2016, 09:37 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Ph.D from IGNOU?

IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) offers admission to Ph.D. twice in a given year .i.e., in the month of January and July respectively.

Eligibility criteria for doing Ph.D. from IGNOU:-

- The candidate should possess Master's Degree or equivalent qualification with 55% marks for open category and 50% for reserved category from any recognized university.

- The candidate should have cleared the entrance examination conducted by the University at the national level on the pattern of UGC/CSIR.

-The maximum duration of IGNOU PhD Programme is 5 years.
30th March 2016, 02:29 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

To pursue PhD from Indira Gandhi National Open University you have to qualify the entrance exam conducted by the University that is conducted in the month of July every year. Candidate must have done masters degree in any discipline from recognised University with minimum 55% marks. However candidates holding M Phill degree from IGNOU for those who have cleared JEST or UGC NET or GATE entrance exam of IIT will be exempted from appearing in the entrance exam.
31st March 2016, 01:32 PM
18Angel
Senior Member+

Yes you can pursue Ph.d from IGNOU university.

Eligibility Criteria:-

You must have passed post graduation degree from any recognized university with minimum 55% marks.

You have to clear entrance exam like UGC NET , GATE etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?