12th April 2016, 02:24 AM
Unregistered

Can I study Bachelor of Hotel Management on Diploma basis?

Hello Sir,
I am Anjula Joshi. I want to study Diploma in Hotel Management. Can I join Bachelor Of Hotel Management after completion of Diploma in Hotel Management? I am very confused in this matter. Please clear my confusion.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study Bachelor of Hotel Management after completing Diploma program on 10th basis?
  2. Can I study Bachelor of Hotel Management if pursue Diploma in it?
  3. Can I study Bachelor of Hotel Management if completed Civil Engineering Diploma course on 10th basis?
  4. Possibility to study Bachelor of Hotel Management for ECE Diploma holder?
  5. Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Hotel Management course after completing Civil Engineering Diploma course?
  6. Procedure to study Bachelor of Hotel Management course for Diploma Computer Engineer?
  7. Am I eligible to study Bachelor of Hotel Management being a Diploma Civil Engineer?
  8. Can I study Bachelor of Hotel Management if secured 50% in 12th Science? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Application form of CET for admission in Bachelor of Hotel Management for Diploma holder?
  10. Possibility to study Bachelor of Hotel Management course for Diploma Mechanical Engineer?
  11. What kind of jobs are available after Diploma or B.Sc in Hotel Management? Does it has a better future? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible to study MBA(Hotel Management) in Abroad being a Bachelor of Hotel Management candidate of Deemed University?
  13. Courses after higher secondary with Commerce stream? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Job oriented courses for Diploma holder in Hotel Management? -- [New]
  15. How can I study MBA(Hotel Management) in Abroad being a Bachelor of Hotel Management candidate?
  16. B.Sc in Hotel Management or Diploma in Hotel Management which one is good? Jobs available in future?
  17. Subjects offered in Diploma program of Hotel Management?
  18. Is there any possibility to do HM course after passing 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
14th April 2016, 11:47 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study Bachelor of Hotel Management on Diploma basis?

Yes, definitely you can study Bachelor of Hotel Management course on the basis of Diploma in Hotel Management course. Candidates who have completed Diploma in Hotel Management course can get direct admission in second year of Bachelor of Hotel Management course through Lateral Entry admission process. So, you can study Diploma in Hotel Management course and after completion of that, you can join in Bachelor of Hotel Management course.
14th April 2016, 01:10 PM
RSJ66
Senior Member++

# Available courses in hotel management are:

* Certificate in Hotel Management ( of 06 months duration)
* Diploma in Hotel Management ( of 18 months duration)
* Bachelor degree in Hotel Management ( of 03 years duration)

# Required educational qualification for hotel management course:

* 10+2 in any stream for Certificate in Hotel Management.
* 10+2 in any stream for Diploma in Hotel Management.
* 10+2 in any stream with minimum 50% marks OR diploma in hotel management for bachelor degree in Hotel Management.

# Selection process includes:

* Common Entrance Test (syllabus consists of English, Reasoning, General Science and General Knowledge)
* Group Discussion
* Interview

# Following job positions or job profiles are available after the course:

* Front Officer Manager
* Convention Services Managers
* General Manager
* Executive Housekeeper
* Resident Manager

# Desirable personal qualities required from the candidates/aspirants:

* Good communication skill
* Co-operative
* Polite and cheerful
* Extrovert
* Good interpersonal skill
* Able to work hard continuously for longer hours
* Self-discipline

# List of few prominent colleges offering courses in hotel management:

* Institute of Hotel Management, Goa
* Institute of Hotel Management, Bhopal
* Institute of Hotel Management, Lucknow
* Institute of Hotel Management, Chennai
* Institute of Hotel Management, Kolkata
* Institute of Hotel Management, Jodhpur
* Institute of Hotel Management, Gandhi Nagar
* Institute of Hotel Management, Bhubaneswar
* Institute of Hotel Management, Guwahati
* Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi
* Institute of Hotel Management, Bangalore
* Institute of Hotel Management, Gurdaspur
* Institute of Hotel Management, Gangtok
* Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Management, Chandigarh
* Institute of Hotel Management, Catering & Applied Nutrition, Dehradun
* Delhi Institute of Hotel Management, New Delhi
15th April 2016, 12:19 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can study Bachelor of Hotel management after completing Diploma as the eligibility criteria to do bachelor of Hotel Management is that a candidates must have completed class 12th or equivalent from a recognized Board with at least 50% of marks. So, on the basis of Diploma, you can do bachelor degree in Hotel Management also.
15th April 2016, 12:43 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I am Anjula Joshi. I want to study Diploma in Hotel Management. Can I join Bachelor Of Hotel Management after completion of Diploma in Hotel Management? I am very confused in this matter. Please clear my confusion.
Yes, you can study the Bachelor of Hotel Management on Diploma basis in Dr.B.R. Ambedkar Open University. The eligibility to study the course is a polytechnic diploma in any branch. The duration of the course is 1 year. The medium of study is English and the fee for the course is Rs.10, 000 per year. The website link is http://www.braou.ac.in/academicsinfopages.php?id=1

You can also study the course in the following institutions like
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?