17th April 2016, 11:38 AM
T.S.NAIDU

Procedure to get admission in Civil engineering at IIT Bombay after diploma? Is there any entrance exam for Diploma holders to get admission in IIT?

Sir, I am T.S.NAIDU i am studying in SECOND year diploma in cvil Engineering, In ANDHRA PRADESH, India. And i want admission in B. tech civil in IIT bombay.What is the procedure to get admission after completion of my diploma and how much score do I need to get in final semester.If any entrance exam pls mention it. Thank you

17th April 2016, 01:39 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in Civil engineering at IIT Bombay after diploma? Is there any entrance exam for Diploma holders to get admission in IIT?

Diploma holders are not eligible to get admission for pursuing Engineering course in IIT's because IIT's does not offer lateral entry admission in B.Tech course. For getting admission in Engineering course in IIT, you must have passed Intermediate course with MPC branch from a recognised school. So, being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in Engineering course at IIT.
18th April 2016, 12:43 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Procedure to get admission in Civil engineering at IIT Bombay after diploma? Is there any entrance exam for Diploma holders to get admission in IIT?

Sorry, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT. IIT stands for Indian Institute of Technology.

The admission in the institute is conducted after qualifying in JEE examination. JEE examination is conducted in two stages.

Candidates having diploma degree are not eligible to appear for JEE examination. So, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT.
18th April 2016, 11:15 AM
harsh590
Junior Member+

Dear Aspirant,

Eligibility for getting admission into IITs is :

1) Intermediate from a recognised board

and you must have to Pass the IIT-JEE entrance exam and get into the merit list to get into IIT Bombay.

and As per your question about Lateral Entry from Diploma college to IITs :

There is no lateral entry admissions in IITs.

But I can tell you a very good college in Delhi which is now known as DTU ( Delhi Technical University) , It is a very good college and very renowned too. There are good companies which come there for Campus Selections. And they accept Lateral Entry admissions.
Besides that there is IP (Indraprasth) University too, which comes after the DTU in terms of value and campus selections.

So you can give entrance exam for those if you wish to.

Good Luck
18th April 2016, 01:36 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am henge Riram I am the student of Rama krishna mission school Along sir in final exam I get a less mark in mathematics and science I think so in that time what is the procedure to qualify a science stream in Rama krishna mission school and other good school. .Sir ples help me I really want to go a science stream. .Sir please give me a suggestion thank you sir. ...Please.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?