10th May 2016, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

What is the percentage required for applying Ph.D entrance exam?

What is the percentage required for applying Ph.D entrance exam? Can someone please guide me with the complete information on this as soon as possible? Hope that I will get the answer on this as soon as possible? Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. List of entrance exams to study PhD in Statistics? Percentage required in Post Graduation for admission?
  2. Procedure and requirements to apply in NIPER PhD entrance exam for M.Sc(Biotechnology) candidate?
  3. Can I pursue PhD having 50.7% in M.Com? Age limit to do PhD?
  4. Minimum percentage required in M.Sc to get admission in PhD? Cost of acquiring a PhD seat?
  5. Percentage required for PhD in Political Science? Eligibility and syllabus for JNU PhD entrance exam?
  6. Minimum percentage required in M.Sc for PhD? In which college of Rajasthan to apply? Which exam to give for colleges in Rajasthan?
  7. Cutoff percentage required in 12th to appear in Aligarh Muslim University B.Tech entrance exam?
  8. Is it possible to do Ph.D after English literature with 54%?
  9. How should I join M.Phil and Ph.D in Commerce? Is there any entrance test? How much percentage is required for the test? Can I do M.Phil or Ph.D in Commerce after B.Com or M.Com? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Eligibility, percentage required, syllabus and other details of doing PhD after MCA?
  11. How may I do Ph.D program either in Mechanical or Management? What's the applying procedure and eligibility criteria for the same?
  12. Eligibility criteria and qualification required to apply in PhD(CSE) entrance exam of Pondicherry University?
  13. What is the qualification required to apply for CA? What is the percentage required in class 10th and 12th to apply for CA
  14. Detailed information, percentage criteria and best college to study PhD through JNU PhD entrance exam?
  15. Can I be a Lecturer or Professor in a government college?
  16. How much percentage is required in M.A for Ph.D entrance?
  17. Details on how to join M.Phil in commerce and Ph.D in Commerce? What is the name of the entrance for M.Phil in Commerce or Ph.D in Commerce? Percentage of marks required to join the course?
  18. Steps to do PhD after M.Com? Subjects available in PhD entrance exam?
11th May 2016, 10:57 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the percentage required for applying Ph.D entrance exam?

Admission to PHD courses are done through entrance exams. A candidate must have at least 55% to appear in these exams. The percentage may vary with University to University.
Exact details about individual universities can be collected through the official website. Syllabus of the entrance exam is based on masters degree course.
11th May 2016, 11:23 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Candidate must possess at least 55% marks to attend the exam. This may vary with University. Exact details can be collected only by visiting the official portal of the university. Syllabus for the entrance exam is mostly based on the topics covered under master degree course.
12th May 2016, 12:08 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

To pursue Ph.D (Doctoral Program), you are required to appear in written Examination (National Eligibility Test) conducted by University Grants Commission. So here is the minimum qualification required and minimum percentage required to apply for Ph.D Entrance Exam.

>> The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for appearing in Ph.D Entrance Examination is "Post Graduate Degree" or a Master's Degree from a recognized university.

>> The minimum percentage required in PG is "55% marks" from a recognized university.

* For SC / ST Candidates - 50% marks
* For General/ OBC Candidates - 55% marks
12th May 2016, 11:40 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is the percentage required for applying Ph.D entrance exam? Can someone please guide me with the complete information on this as soon as possible? Hope that I will get the answer on this as soon as possible? Thanks!
Eligibility criteria for Ph.D entrance exam:-

1)Those candidates who have completed masters from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D entrance exam.

2)There are no age criteria for Ph.D course.
13th May 2016, 01:00 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
The candidates who scored over 55% marks in post graduation course are eligible for applying PhD entrance examination. The aspirant has to clear the entrance and interview for the admission to the PhD programme. If you already cleared the UGC/CSIR/JRF/NET/SLET/M.Phil/GATE test then you are exempted from the entrance examination. The PhD programme is available in various universities in India.
13th May 2016, 06:01 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Below I have mentioned the eligibility to do Ph.D, have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Ph.D:-

Candidates must have completed Master's degree from a recognized University.
Candidates must have scored at least 55% of marks in Master's degree.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?