10th May 2016, 11:07 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for Ph.D course after completion of MCA in correspondence mode?

I have completed my MCA ( correspondence ) with 64% marks. Am I eligible for PHD? What is the minimum criteria asked for doing Ph.D? Can you please provide me the details on the same for me to get the admission in a good college soon?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study PhD in Abroad after completion of correspondence MCA?
  2. How may i join correspondence course in PhD after completion of my MCA (correspondence)? List of universities for the same?
  3. Can I eligible to pursue Ph.D if pursuing MCA from correspondence?
  4. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA in distance mode?
  5. Should i prefer full time MCA course or distance mode MCA degree?
  6. How can I apply to study correspondence PhD in HR being a MBA postgraduate?
  7. PhD after MCA (correspondence) is possible? Can I go for BioInformatic as my PhD topic?
  8. Can I study PhD in IT after completion of distance MCA? Should I have to study M.Phil/M.Tech?
  9. Can I do PhD if completed correspondence MBA(Marketing) and having 4.6 years of work experience in Pharma sector? What should I study in PhD to get good job?
  10. Am I eligible to take admission on D.Ed through correspondence mode in the month of November?
  11. Eligibility for Associate Professor in colleges after PhD and Masters from distance mode? -- [Most Discussed]
  12. Am I eligible to do regular B.Ed course after completion of B.Com through correspondence mode?
  13. Can I take up Ph.D after completing MCA in distance mode?
  14. Am I eligible to do B.Ed after completion of MCA course? How about in distance mode if not in regular?
  15. Am I eligible to do PhD in Library and Information Science having completed correspondence MLIS about 11 years ago?
  16. Can MCA students (correspondence) give GATE Exam?
  17. Am I eligible for PhD from IIT Delhi after MCA? Is MCA equivalent to PhD?
  18. Am i eligible to join correspondence PhD program after my MCA from IGNOU?
12th May 2016, 12:49 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Ph.D course after completion of MCA in correspondence mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I have completed my MCA ( correspondence ) with 64% marks. Am I eligible for PHD? What is the minimum criteria asked for doing Ph.D? Can you please provide me the details on the same for me to get the admission in a good college soon?
Yes, off course you are eligible to apply for PhD course after completing MCA through correspondence mode. However, the university must recognized by UGC to be eligible for PhD course. Applicants applying for PhD course need to have a Post Graduate degree from a recognized university or board of India. Applicants must score at least 50% marks maser degree course.
12th May 2016, 11:43 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Ph.D course after completion of MCA in correspondence mode?

Quote:
MCA from distance learning course are eligible for Ph.D course in Computer Science but your degree must be recognized.

Those candidates who have completed masters degree from a recognized university with above 55% marks are eligible for Ph.D course.

There are no age criteria.

You must have valid GATE/UGC NET score card.
13th May 2016, 01:02 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Yes, you are eligible for PhD programme after completion of MCA in correspondence mode. The eligibility to do PhD in Computer Science is a pass in Master’s Degree with 60% marks from a recognized university. The aspirant has to appear for an entrance examination and interview for the admission. The course is available in many universities in India like;
13th May 2016, 05:59 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you are eligible for Ph.D degree course after the completion of MCA through correspondence mode. There is no worry about it.
Candidates those who have completed their Masters degree course from a recognized University with a minimum of 55% of marks are definitely eligible to opt Ph.D degree course. There is no age criteria required to apply.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?