14th May 2016, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study Bachelor of Social Work in Visva Bharati?

Hi,
For taking admission in Visva Bharati for Bachelor of Social Work what should I do? I mean should I have to appear in any type of entrance exam?

16th May 2016, 08:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study Bachelor of Social Work in Visva Bharati?

Yes, you must have to appear in Admission Test conducted by Department of
Social Work to get admission in Bachelor of Social Work in Visva Bharati. The admission test will be as follows :-

--> H.S. weightage :- 50%
--> Written test :- 80 Marks
--> Viva 20 Marks.

To be eligible to appear for viva, the qualifying marks in written test for General candidates is 30%, 27% for OBC candidates and there is no cutoff for SC/ST candidates.

Candidates who have passed Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with minimum 60 % aggregate marks in Science/ Commerce/ Humanities stream from a recognised board are eligible to apply for admission to BSW course in Visa Bharati.
17th May 2016, 05:12 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study Bachelor of Social Work in Visva Bharati?

As far as my knowledge is concerned, there is no such entrance examination to be qualified in order to pursue Bachelor of Social work in Visva Bharati. The basic required to get admission into this course is based on the marks secured in 12th Class. So here is the basic eligibility criteria required to do this course.

> Course Name - Bachelor of Social Work

> Duration of Course - 3 years

> 55% marks in Higher Secondary (10+2) or equivalent examination from a recognized board or institute having any of the following subjects.
* Chemistry
* Physics
* Mathematics
* Statistics
* Biology
* Philosophy
* History
* Psychology
* Geography
* Commerce
* Political Science
* Economics
* Home Science
* Anthropology
* Management Studies
* Sociology
* Nutrition

Click here for More Details

Click here for Contact Details
17th May 2016, 06:27 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Admission in the above mentioned course is ultimately provided on the basis of an admission test conducted by the Institute itself. In most of the Institution, admission is provided directly on the basis of marks scored in 12th boards.

Therefore, if there is an entrance examination conducted, then you will have to appear for it and get admission otherwise you might get admission directly.
17th May 2016, 09:20 PM
A033bhishek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi,
For taking admission in Visva Bharati for Bachelor of Social Work what should I do? I mean should I have to appear in any type of entrance exam?
Yes, Vishwa Bharti college which is situated in shanti niketan district of West Bengal is one of the most sought out college among youth especially for some particular course.
To get admission in any undergraduate programme (Except some) one has to appear for entrance test which is conducted by the college.
After clearing the test successfully students rank is displayed on notice board or college website.
18th May 2016, 10:32 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you have to appear in the Admission cum Entrance test to take admission in the course of Bachelor of Social Work in Visva Bharati.
You need to appear in the written test which of 80 marks and if you qualify in the written test, then you need to face viva for 20 marks. After qualifying the viva, you are eligible to take admission in the said college.
1st June 2019, 10:57 AM
Unregistered

Is there any sample question in visva bharti so that I can get the type of questions given in the entrance exam?
4th June 2019, 03:41 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in any entrance exam to study bachelor of social work in Visva Bharati?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?