19th May 2016, 08:43 PM
Unregistered

Possibility to get Lateral Entry in NIT for Diploma Mechanical student?

Dear Sir,
I have completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Is it possible to take Lateral Entry in NIT College after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. How to get lateral entry admission in NIT after Diploma completion?
  2. Lateral Entry in NIT through AIEEE?
  3. What is the procedure to follow to get admission in NIT by lateral entry exam?
  4. Can i get lateral entry in NIT in Mechanical branch after Diploma in Tool and Die making?
  5. Lateral entry process in NITs for Diploma holders?
  6. Can I get Lateral Entry to study B.E. Mechanical in Assam Engineering College or in NIT having completed Diploma after 12th basis?
  7. Lateral entry for diploma holders in NIT? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I get lateral entry in VIT being a Diploma Mechanical student?
  9. Eligibility criteria for lateral entry in B.E(Mechanical Engineering)? What is the cutoff mark for lateral entry in B.E?
  10. Can I get admission in Lateral Entry Diploma in Civil Engineering course being a B.Sc(Maths) student?
  11. List of colleges which allows NTTF diploma student to take up B.E lateral entry?
  12. Eligibility for entrance exam for admission into lateral entry for graduation after diploma in Mechanical engineering from PUSA polytechnic?
  13. Exam details for admission of lateral entry after 1st year of diploma?
  14. What should I do after completing diploma in civil engineering? Will I get lateral entry in NIT or IIT college?
  15. Can I apply for Junior Engineer Post? I am a lateral entry 2nd year diploma mechanical student
  16. How much % required in Diploma course to get into lateral entry?
  17. Whether Diploma holders are eligible for NIT or not?
  18. Which are the government colleges offering lateral entry in B.Tech after diploma in Mechanical?
21st May 2016, 11:45 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to get Lateral Entry in NIT for Diploma Mechanical student?

No, it is not possible to take Lateral Entry admission in NIT after completion of your Diploma course. NIT's does not offer Lateral Entry admissions in Engineering course. But, you can get admission in other top colleges by appearing and qualifying Lateral Entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc.,. Based on your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you will be offered admission in second year of four years Engineering course.
21st May 2016, 12:29 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Possibility to get Lateral Entry in NIT for Diploma Mechanical student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir,
I have completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Is it possible to take Lateral Entry in NIT College after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
You have completed Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, so you can get admission in NIT through Lateral Entry exam.

Those candidates who have competed diploma degree are eligible for lateral entry exam.

Your age should be above 17 years.
21st May 2016, 01:56 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Admissions in NIT's are offered on the basis of JEE Main examination rank. Being a Diploma holder, you are not eligible to get admission in NIT on the basis of JEE Main examination rank. There is no lateral entry admission proces in NIT. So, you cannot get lateral entry admission in NIT after completion of your Diploma Mechanical Engineering course
21st May 2016, 06:35 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to get admission in National Institute of Technology after pursuing diploma course.

The admission in institute is conducted after qualifying in JEE Main examination. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed 10+2 with PCM as main paper.

So, you are not eligible to appear for examination without pursuing 10+2 and having just diploma course.
22nd May 2016, 03:52 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

You cannot get admission in NITs, IITs via lateral entry after Diploma to pursue B.Tech course. However, if you wish to get admission in NIT for B.Tech after Diploma course, you will have to appear for JEE(Advanced) examination and after completion of the examination with good score you might get admission.

NOTE: You will not get admission in 2nd year but in 1st year of the course and will then have to continue with the course ahead.
12th January 2017, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir I want to take admission in btech l have completed Diploma in civil Engineering l can be a take admission in NITs collage in first year sir
13th January 2017, 05:56 PM
ajayk4948

No, lateral entry is not possible in NITs or IITs. Only way to enter is reappear JEE, secure a a seat and take admission as a 1st year student.
But some state govt. running colleges/universities provide lateral entry in degree courses.
21st January 2017, 03:49 PM
Unregistered

Respected Sir, now I am doing diploma on the base of 12 standard that is from leet , and now I want to take admission through LEET in b.tech. Is that possible ,a student having completed 2 year diploma course can get in LEET.
9th April 2017, 07:26 PM
Unregistered

I am in diploma final year wants to seek admission in 2nd year b.tech in top college in Mumbai. Can you suggest me procedure for getting admission?
26th May 2017, 02:53 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir, I have qualified telangana and Andhrapradesh (both) ECET 2017 with integrated state 1st rank can i have admission in to nits
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?