24th May 2016, 06:41 PM
Unregistered

Whether 12th ISC percentage matters while taking admission in B.Tech course?

Dear Sir,
I am undergoing ISC through ICSE Board this year. I am right now in 12th standard and looking for study further B.Tech and applied for JEE and BITs. I want to know that does ISC 12th percentage matters in taking admission in B.Tech course?
Regards-
Saumitra Dobhal

Related Questions:
25th May 2016, 11:50 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 12th ISC percentage matters while taking admission in B.Tech course?

Yes, marks in 10+2 are taken in consideration for calculating JEE rank and it is also essential for getting admission in BITS.

So, you need to score better in 10+2 but also to qualify in BITSAT and JEE examination to get admission in better b.tech colleges in stream of your choice.

JEE is conducted in two stages as Main and Advance and marks obtained in 10+2 are important for Main.
25th May 2016, 07:52 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether 12th ISC percentage matters while taking admission in B.Tech course?

JEE stands for Joint Entrance examination. JEE is conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education for admission of candidates into different disciplines of engineering in top engineering colleges.

JEE has two stages:

>>JEE Main stage: It is the first stage of examination and on basis of JEE Main score admission in institutes like NITs, IIITs and other government engineering college is given. JEE Rank is calculated on basis of 40% weightage to 10+2 mark and 60% to JEE score.

>>Candidates who qualify JEE Main and are in top 2 lacs are eligible for JEE Advanced stage. For this stage, a candidate must have at least 75% marks in 10+2 board exams.

So, yes, 10+2 marks matter a lot. You must score well in 10+2 for admission in top engineering colleges.
25th May 2016, 09:03 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

If you wish to get admission in IITs and NITs then class 12th marks will definitely matter along with the rank in the JEE Main. For other private and government colleges only rank in JEE Main will matter.

Hence, if you can perform well in the JEE Main then you can hope for admission in top B.Tech colleges even if you have not so good marks in class 12th.
25th May 2016, 09:51 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, your 12th standard percentage will be taken into consideration while offering admission in B.Tech course. To get admission in B.Tech course in top colleges, you must have good aggregate in 12th standard and you must have to secure good rank in the entrance examination. The JEE Main examination rank will be calculated on the basis of your JEE Main examination score and your aggregate in 12th standard examinations. So, your 12th ISC percentage matters while taking admission in B.Tech course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?