2nd June 2016, 01:44 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information to join CID after completion of 12th Commerce

I have completed my 10th boards with Higher Maths scoring 76.20% in aggregate and now currently studying in 12th standard from Bhavan’s College. I further want to become a CID Officer, therefore, can anyone please provide me the relevant information on the same.

2nd June 2016, 07:18 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information to join CID after completion of 12th Commerce

CID stands for Criminal investigation department.

The minimum eligibility criteria to apply for CID officer post is that the candidate must have passed class 12 examination in any of the stream from a recognized board of education.

But with class 12 qualification the candidate can only apply for Constable post in CID. If the candidate wish to apply for officer level post then he/ she must have passed graduation from a recognized university.

One has to appear for Staff selection commission examination to apply for the posts of CID.
3rd June 2016, 12:23 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Detailed Information to become an Officer in CID Department:

There are many posts available in "Criminal Investigation Department". All the posts that are available are,

* Constable
* Assistant Sub Inspector
* Sub Inspector
* Inspector
* Superintendent
* DSP, SP ...higher ranks

The minimum qualification required basically varies from post to post. so the educational qualification required,

>> For Constable Post: 12th Class in any discipline from a recognized university

>> For Inspector/ Officer and all other posts: Graduation or Bachelor Degree in any discipline from a recognized university

If you are willing join CID immediately after 12th Class, then you may apply for the Constable post. On the other side, you may pursue Graduation then you may apply for Officer Cadre posts.
3rd June 2016, 08:32 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible for recruitment as CID officer on basis of 10+2 educational qualification.

For recruitment as CID officer candidates have to appear and qualify in SSC CGL entrance examination. The eligibility to appear for entrance examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree from any recognised university.

So, you have to pursue bachelor degree to appear for entrance examination. For more information about examination visit at www.ssc.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?