8th June 2016, 02:44 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to do Architecture by taking commerce stream in +2? Duration of the course and scope after it?

Well i have passed 10th and i want to go for Architecture by taking commerce, so tell me that is it possible? Whats the scope in this field in future? How much time it will take to complete the course?

8th June 2016, 07:30 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Architecture by taking commerce stream in +2? Duration of the course and scope after it?

No it is not possible for you to pursue Bachelor Degree in Architecture if you complete your 12th from commerce stream because minimum qualification required to pursue bachelor degree in Architecture is 12th from Non Medical Stream. So I would like to suggest you to opt for science stream with mathematics in class 11th and 12th and after completion you will have to qualify the Joint Entrance Exam to get Admission in the Architecture course.
8th June 2016, 10:15 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to do Architecture by taking commerce stream in +2? Duration of the course and scope after it?

To pursue bachelor degree in architecture you have to pass class 11th and 12th from non medical stream with minimum 60% marks from recognised board and after completion you will have to qualify the Joint Entrance Examination to get admission in good university. You can't pursue Bachelor of Architecture by completing your 12th from commerce stream. Duration of this course is complete 4 years.
8th June 2016, 11:17 PM
sagarika 199193
Senior Member+++

No. You can not go for architecture course with commerce stream. So, If want to go & interested for architecture course , then you should choose science stream in (10+2).

Architecture Eligibility
- You must have passed (10+2) in science stream with PCM as a main subjects from a recognized board.
- You should have passed entrance exam NATA.

NATA Exam
- It is in two parts.
1) Drawing Test : 2 Hours (Paper Based)
2) Aesthetic Test : 2 Hours (Online)

Best Institutes Offering Architecture Course
- School of Planning and Architecture , New Delhi
- Punjab University
- Goa University
- Indian Education Society's College of Architecture , Mumbai
- JNTU
- Kerala University
- University of Mumbai
- Anna University
- Pune University

Employment Areas
- Public Work Department
- National Institute of Urban Affairs
- Public Sector Undertaking Units
- National Building Construction Corporation
- Archaeological Department
- Housing and Urban Development Corporation
- National Building Organisation
9th June 2016, 01:14 AM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

For your kind information i want to tell you that you are not permitted to apply for Architecture with commerce background. This is because, the eligibility criteria for admission in Architecture states that you must have to qualify the 12th standard with PCM as the main subjects. So my suggestion to you is that if you are interested in the Architecture course then you should go for the science stream in 11th and 12th class after completion of your matriculation.
31st December 2016, 06:23 PM
Sargeant
Member+

It is not possible to persue admission anymore in architectural field. previously there are some courses in architecture field but as per Consil of Architecture made rule in 2015 which will come into effect from 2018.

Previously minimum qualification for admission is 12th with compulsory mathematics and valid NATA score. And as per new regulations candidate with PCM group secured minimum 50% only eligible for it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?