20th June 2010, 09:24 PM
zainab sihindiya

Is coaching class required to prepare CLAT? for one year or two year?

sir,i have completed my 12th.i'm a science student.i preffer LLB and want 2 become a legal advisor.i couldnt attemt clat this time.trying 4 clat 2011.how should i prepare??is there any need of coaching classes??if yes should i take this whole 1 year 2 prepare??which are the good coaching centers4 clat in india??

Related Questions:
  1. Should I drop a year to prepare for JEE and CLAT after 12th? Coaching classes for CLAT in MP?
  2. How can I prepare to crack CLAT? Cost of application form and coaching classes for preparation in UP?
  3. Can I apply for CLAT? Which are the coaching institutes in Nagpure
  4. How to prepare for CLAT and 12th at the same time?
  5. Can we write CLAT after graduation? Registration fees and coaching centres in CLAT?
  6. Should I drop a year to prepare for CLAT if completed 12th? Coaching classes in Madhya Pradesh for preparation?
  7. How to prepare for CLAT from home without joining a coaching? -- [New]
  8. CLAT PG coaching and last year question papers?
  9. CLAT can be written after graduation? Age limit, registration fees and coaching centres in Hyderabad?
  10. When the application form of next year CLAT will be released? Documents required to submit? Tips for preparation?
  11. What kind of questions are asked in CLAT? Is coaching class necessary for CLAT?
  12. Coaching classes for preparation of CLAT in Kolkata?
  13. Which National Law College is hosting CLAT this year? List of coaching classes for CLAT in Jodhpur?
  14. Detailed information, cost of application form and coaching classes for preparation of CLAT in Bhopal? Tips for preparation?
  15. How can I prepare to crack CLAT without coaching class being a 12th student?
  16. Online coaching classes for preparation of CLAT and other LAW entrance exams?
  17. Is it possible to crack CLAT through Self study? Suitable books for preparation?
  18. Do I need to take any coaching for CLAT entrance exam? Best coaching institute in Chandigarh for CLAT exam?
21st June 2010, 01:25 AM
faiyaz
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is coaching class required to prepare CLAT? for one year or two year?

As for Engineering there is IITJEE, for medical AIIMS etc. similarly for LAW there is CLAT.

Every year Lacs of student appears for CLAT just to acquire few Seats available in all NAtional Law Schools. Year by Year number of aspirants are increasing as a result competetion is getting tougher and tougher.

So, inthese circumstances to crack CLAT you need high level of command over the whole syllabus, Time management skills and Enssential Tricks to get through.

So, opting for Coaching is a better option. Weather 1 year or 2 year it depends on you. Generally if you are Good student then 9 months of preparetion is enough for getting through it.

Regards
~Faiyaz~
21st June 2010, 01:39 PM
siddharthkathuria

Wink Re: Is coaching class required to prepare CLAT? for one year or two year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab sihindiya View Post
sir,i have completed my 12th.i'm a science student.i preffer LLB and want 2 become a legal advisor.i couldnt attemt clat this time.trying 4 clat 2011.how should i prepare??is there any need of coaching classes??if yes should i take this whole 1 year 2 prepare??which are the good coaching centers4 clat in india??
though clat exam is not that though due to lesser competition ,still i suggest you to have coaching for about an year,after that it is up to you whether you require coaching or not
all the best
21st June 2010, 01:45 PM
Kumar Mayank

Default Re: Is coaching class required to prepare CLAT? for one year or two year?

Look ,a coaching class is definitely required for any preparation.
For CLAT you may opt for it but it is not a necessity.
21st June 2010, 05:21 PM
SJ.18
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Hi
Offcourse dear there is definetly need for coaching classes.
You can join any good coaching class for only one year.
It is sufficient for you if you work hard.
COACHING NAME
Career Shapers Education Forum Delhi/NCR , India
Crack CLAT Tutorials Jodhpur , India
Paradygm A & R Bangalore , India
Sachdeva New P.T College Delhi/NCR , India
Pathfinder Education Services Pvt. Ltd. Bhopal , India
ggood luck
21st June 2010, 10:54 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
It all depends on your ability and how comfortable are you in writing aptitude tests. You can check your present level by writing mock CLATS by setting a time frame. What is important in these type of tests is that you should be able to do maximum questions in minimum time and you have to learn a lot of shortcuts to solve mathematical problems. You can try out a coaching class, as the class atmosphere will give you that ambience and also give you peer pressure to perform. Ideally a one year preparation would be enough before writing this exam. Again it depends on how you carry on with your present studies and how much time you devote for preparation.
22nd June 2010, 12:09 AM
sandy B

hello friend,i think coaching is not very much requied to get chance into the clat exam.the most importent things is self study.so you just carry on it...
22nd June 2010, 08:58 AM
August
Senior Member+

dear frnd

if u want to be a legal adviser then u have to score well in CLAT.

there is a huge competition 4 this xam. so u have to concentrate on these following things.
1 . u have to practice a lot of questions so that u can manage the time well to answer the questions quickly.

2.follow some good books related to CLAT xam so that u can get a variety of questions 4m that.

all the best
26th July 2010, 12:54 PM
Unregistered

SIR I HAVE COMPLETED MY 12 FROM EXTERNAL {NIOS} WITH SUBJECT LIKE ENGLISH,ECONOMICS,HINDI,HOME SCIENCE AND WORD PROCESSING.CAN I SIT FOR CLAT EXAMINATION
31st July 2010, 04:00 PM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you see CLAT exam is not a tuff exam like IITJEE or other tuff exams.

CLAT exam is based on general aptitude test+ basic english test.

so you may take preparation for CLAT exam by own .

you may take some reference books for CLAT.

best of luck........
10th August 2010, 02:11 AM
Pathfinder
Senior Member++++

I guess yes coaching is necessary for CLAT in these days of competition. Lots of students are appearing for this test and so you should have your basics strong.

Read newspapers daily,Make you english strong by reading vocabulary books,Solve problems etc

I am not sure about the name of coaching though
10th August 2010, 09:22 AM
ravi k
Senior Member+

dear frnd,
cracking CLAT is all about practice.i will suggest you to join any good coaching center.it will help you to prepare in your exam.
all the best...
10th August 2010, 11:48 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello friend

see, CLAT exam is not a tuff exam like IIT-JEE, AIEEE, or AIPMT.

CLAT is a basic knowledge as well as general english test.

so you do preparation by your self own.

you may take reference books for clat exam.many reference books are available in the market.

still if you feel problems, then you may take coaching classes.

all the best......
10th August 2010, 12:39 PM
rohit_k

dear sir
clat coaching class valid for only one year.so you can be prepare for only one year in coaching class.coaching classes is best for clat preparation so every exam is tough you can prepare conform so you clear itself easily.so donot worry and do preparation for clat exam.
best of luck
10th August 2010, 05:19 PM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Dear friend
If you can afford a coaching institute then you must go for it. Though it is not necessary to join a coaching for any exam but coachings are value adders to your preparation.
So, you can join a coaching and it would be beneficial for you.
Some coaching institutions are
IMS
TIME
Sriram law academy.

Thank You
10th August 2010, 05:54 PM
adityabhushan

Quote:
dear,
actually to do coaching or self preparation its all depend on your quality and determination to study that how you take study or clat.
if you can't be regular in study you should surely do coaching classes, and it will also helpfull you to get new ideas and new tricks .
some of the coachin institutes are as followes.

Career Shapers Education Forum Delhi/NCR , India
LAW

Crack CLAT Tutorials Jodhpur , India
Achievers Course
Correspondence Course CLAT
Target Course
Test Series (CLAT)

IMS Institute Mumbai , India
"Max Prep Law - Brisk"
Max Prep Law
Max Prep Law - "Intact"

Management Career Makers (MCM) Mumbai , India
Law- Entrance Tests Training

Paradygm A & R Bangalore , India
Classroom - OP1 (1 year course)
Classroom - OP2 (2 years course)
Correspondence - OP1 (1 Year)
Correspondence - OP2 (2 Years)

Pathfinder Education Services Pvt. Ltd. Bhopal , India
CLAT Course

PRIME Tutor Hyderabad , India
CLAT Tutor - Advanced
CLAT Tutor - Basic

Sachdeva New P.T College Delhi/NCR , India
CLAT (Law)

Sriram Law Academy Chennai , India
SRIRAM EXPERT
SRIRAM POWER
SRIRAM RAPID COURSE

T.I.M.E.(Triumphant Institute Of Management Education Pvt. Ltd) Secunderabad , India
Crash Course for Law Entrance – CLAT 2010
Long Term Course for Law Entrance - CLAT 2010

you can get admission.
with regards
aditya.
15th August 2010, 11:35 PM
parhitoshika
Senior Member+

no,not at all.
the possibility is your knowledge,nothing else.
24th August 2010, 10:13 PM
Unregistered

after clat selection how many years course
1st October 2010, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

hi..i am a student of 11th class n i want to crack clat bt i really cant afford clat coaching as i stay in schol hostel.....please suggest me some ways for self study n some books that i can refer to......
6th October 2010, 06:04 PM
Unregistered

i have read all the above suggestions given to zainab sihindiya and i just want to tell that it is well enough if u prepare urself for the clat .because the questions given in clat can be answered easily if u go through the newspapers regularly. the time consuming part of the question paper is about legal aptitude so u must be thorough with this part.english and maths can be answered easily . u have to solve many questions of logical reasoning .
8th October 2010, 11:19 AM
Unregistered

which subjects we have to prepare for clat examination
8th March 2011, 02:19 PM
Unregistered

You can go for a quick 8-week programme with StudLaw as well. This will help you prepare for the C.L.A.T. and other top law entrance exams in India and gives you targeted course materials and 20 mocks tests and 5 live tests so that you get the top rank.
30th March 2011, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

i am in 12 should i opt for coaching for CLAT for 2 months
3rd May 2011, 01:18 AM
Unregistered

i am a class eleven humanities student.i want to take a coaching before appearing for clat xam.when should i take the course?in class eleven only or after class twelve.plz rply.
13th September 2011, 06:13 PM
Unregistered

SIR , I WANT TO CLEAR CLAT BY SELF STUDY, I M IN CLASS 12TH , SO SIR PLZZ TELL WHAT I HAVE 2 DI KNOW
14th September 2011, 12:08 AM
kartik41
Senior Member+++

Sir,
1. Is there an entrance exam for law? 2. Is there a common entrance exam for all national ... Do you have a course to prepare me for entrance to the LLM (masters) courses? ... Will this year's LST course content be the same as last year's? ... Why has LST not sent me the past years question papers of CLAT, NLSIU, NALSAR ...
ok,
6th March 2012, 03:32 PM
Unregistered

can i prepare for clat exam in 1 month?
29th March 2012, 12:44 AM
Unregistered

are 2 months enough for one to crack clat??if yes then i request for some tips....i am planning to take up clat 2012 and have enrolled for it....though i am reluctant to go for it in this year...but if i don't get in in 2013 then will it not be a wastage of a year...i have appeared for isc 12th this year..so will it be a wise decision to drop this year and pursue llb later????
i need help!!!
29th March 2012, 09:22 AM
Unregistered

Is there a good coaching centre at Trivandrum, Kerala ?
7th May 2012, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

M in class 11 and want to join some coaching classes for clat..
Tell me some centers
11th May 2012, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

m in class 11th n i'am opting science.. i want to give clat so..
can i prepare for both at the same time or i have to give some special time for preparation of clat
and if so..then how can i manage my time
please suggest
12th May 2012, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
M in class 11 and want to join some coaching classes for clat..
Tell me some centers
You may choose the coaching center called Paradygmlaw run by an NLS Alumnus . They have had good results since 2003. They provide postal coaching across India and classroom courses in Bangalore. Visit their website www.paradygmlaw.com for more details or call on 09035428311 and speak to them.
29th May 2012, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

couching institude in m.p for clat
17th June 2012, 02:55 PM
Unregistered

kya me hindi me clat ki tyari kar sakta hon
20th June 2013, 07:24 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
clat is the one of the toughest exam in india.You need a good study material as well as excellent mentor for clat coaching.as a clat aspirant i have joined a course from Prof. Rajneesh Singh sir.you can also visit this for more info
http://www.wiziq.com/course/22535-common-law-admission-test-clat-2014-complete-preparation
19th August 2013, 10:55 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
There is no hard and fast rule that you have to go for coaching classes. It all depends on whether you know you can confidently handle the CLAT syllabus on your own or not. So i would advise you to go through the CLAT syllabus first and see for yourself whether you are finding the whole thing easy to deal with it or not.

But having said that the guidance of a teacher always comes in handy as they are professionals and they knows best what kind of questions comes every year and which are the key areas which can fetch you easy marks. Therefore it will only work in your favour if you can get someone like that to assist you.

CLAT Eligibility Criteria:-
  1. You need to complete higher secondary exam or its equivalent from a recognized board or institution and secure not less than 50% of marks in aggregate.
  2. For the SC/ST/OBC Candidates and persons with disability the percentage to secure at 10+2 level is 45% of marks in aggregate.
  3. The subject combination is of not much importance here. Students from any background can sit for this exam. Even final year students are eligible to sit for this exam.
  4. For general category candidates and for OBC candidates the upper age limit is 20 years. For SC/ST Candidates and persons with disability the upper age limit is 22 years.
Top CLAT Coaching Institutes in India:-
  • Career Shapers Education Forum
  • IMS Institute
  • Management Career Makers
  • Sriram Law Academy
  • PT Education
  • Sachdeva New PT College
  • Abhyaas Hyderabad
  • Crack CLAT Tutorials
  • Paradygm A & R
  • Pathfinder Education Services Pvt. Ltd.
Hope this helps :-> :->
20th August 2013, 09:23 AM
vikash kumar prajapati
Senior Member+++

Quote:
You yourself is sufficient to prepare for CLAT(Common Law Admission Test).If you know the exam pattern and its syllabus and scoring details then you can easily crack the CLAT Exam.

Eligibility criteria required for CLAT Exam :
~You should be passed out in Inter/class12th from any recognized board/university with any discipline.
~English should be one of your compulsory language in Inter and Class Xth.
~Your age should not be above 22 years(For SC and ST) and 20 years(for General and OBC)
~Your minimum marks should be 45%(For SC and ST) and 50%(For General and OBC).

Exam Pattern for CLAT Entrance exam :
-->>All questions will be objective type with multiple choice answers.
-->>Each questions will be of 01 marks and total number of questions will be 200.
-->>Total duration of written exam will be 02 hours.

Syllabus for CLAT Written exam :
-->>English Language and Comprehension.
-->>Numerical Ability.
-->>Legal Reasoning.
-->>legal Aptitude.
-->>General Knowledge and Current Affairs.

Books which you should refereed for preparation purpose are :

20th August 2013, 11:54 PM
anshu85277
Senior Member+

Quote:
dear friend,

clat stands for common law admission test , whether to take coaching or not it totally depends on you, you are the one who know about your SWOT

swot is- strength ,weakness, opportunities and threats

if you have a grip on the subjects then no need of tuition, but if you go for tuition it will be definitely beneficial as the teachers will train you according to the exam pattern ,

eligibility of clat :
must be 12th passed from a recognised board
english should be one of the compulsory language in class 10th & 12th
must have minimum 50% in 12th for general and obc
5% relaxation for sc/st
age limit should not be more than 20 years for general and obc
2 years relaxation for sc/st candidates

exam pattern :
exam will be a objective type
total ques will be of 200 of 1 marks each
duration is 2 hrs

subjects of exam :
english language and comprehension
numerical ability
reasoning
legal aptitude
general knowledge and current affairs

you can refer arihant and upkar publication books for clat preparation
good luck
30th August 2013, 09:51 PM
maruthidevi

As for Engineering there is IITJEE, for medical AIIMS etc. similarly for LAW there is CLAT.

Every year Lacs of student appears for CLAT just to acquire few Seats available in all NAtional Law Schools. Year by Year number of aspirants are increasing as a result competetion is getting tougher and tougher.

So, inthese circumstances to crack CLAT you need high level of command over the whole syllabus, Time management skills and Enssential Tricks to get through.

So, opting for Coaching is a better option. Weather 1 year or 2 year it depends on you. Generally if you are Good student then 9 months of preparetion is enough for getting through it.

Regards
9th June 2014, 12:34 PM
jtchauhan

look....
coaching is not must... if u r confident in yourself that u can crack the exam without coaching... so i think taking a coaching class is the wastage of money....
if u really want to clear CLAT than self study is the best answer but if u want to waste money than u can go for a coaching class....
best of luck.....
29th November 2019, 05:57 PM
saras63

CLAT has become very competitive now. Coaching provides a structure to your preparation. To succeed in these type of exams you need practice, coaching helps in providing rigorous practice in a disciplined way. The nature of the exam is changing substantially from CLAT 2020 onwards. You need guidance to prepare on the new format.
Try PRIME at Hyderabad for effective coaching. They have been preparing students for Law entrance tests from 2002 onwards.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?