26th June 2016, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

Can I join Indian Army through CDS with 78.6% in 12th?

Hi Sir,
I am from Arts stream and I have got 78.6% marks in 12th Board exam. I want to join Indian Army through CDS. It is my dream to become an Army Officer. So can I join Indian Army now through CDS?

27th June 2016, 10:10 AM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I join Indian Army through CDS with 78.6% in 12th?

If you want to join Indian Army through CDS entry you have to wait now. CDS stands for Combined Defence Service and the examination is conducted twice every year.

The eligibility to appear for examination for recruitment in Indian Army is :-

Candidates must have passed or pursuing in final year of degree from any recognised university.

Candidates age must be between 19-24 years.

So, after graduation you can appear for examination and after qualifying in examination eligible for final recruitment for jobs in Army.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th June 2016, 12:14 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, being a 12th standard Arts stream student, you are not eligible to join Indian Army through CDS examination. You can join Indian Army through NDA examination after completion of your 12th standard. To be eligible to join Indian Army, you must have completed Graduation in any discipline from a recognised university. Since, you have not pursued Graduation course, you are not eligible to appear in CDS examination and you can appear in NDA examination to join Indian Army.
27th June 2016, 12:24 PM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

After 10+2 you cannot appear for CDS bit if you are interested in joining the Indian Amry you can appear for NDA.

NDA examination is conducted twice and students passed 10+2 are eligible to appear for examination.

The age limit to appear for examination is 16.5-19.5 years.

So, you can appear for examination. The application will be available from July for NDA II 2016. Girls are not eligible to appear in NDA.

The minimum required qualification to appear for CDS is bachelor degree. Other information about examination is available at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th June 2016, 02:31 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir,
I am from Arts stream and I have got 78.6% marks in 12th Board exam. I want to join Indian Army through CDS. It is my dream to become an Army Officer. So can I join Indian Army now through CDS?
Sorry, that you are ineligible to apply for CDS exam after completing 12th standard. One should be a Graduate to apply for Combined Defence Services (CDS) Examination. The eligibility for the Indian Army Military Academy is any Graduation degree from a recognized university. The age limit is 19 to 24 years. The selection process consists of Written Test, SSB Interview and Training. The examinations are held twice a year. The examination is conducted by UPSC;

For more Information, please visit the official website - Official Website
27th June 2016, 02:46 PM
Khurit
Senior Member+

No, you can not apply for the Combined Defence Service Examination. The reason being for that is you are only 12th pass where in to appear for CDS one should be graduated from a recognized University. So first of all completed your graduation. I have attached the notification for the same which will help you in understanding.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Combined Defence Service Exam Notification..pdf(35.99 MB, 21 views)
27th June 2016, 06:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi Sir,
No, 12th standard candidates are not eligible for CDS exam to become an Army officer.

Combined Defense Services Examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission twice a year.

Educational Qualification Required:

For Indian Military Academy: Degree of a recognized university or equivalent is required.

For Officer Training Academy: Degree of a recognized university or equivalent is required.

Age Criteria:

For Indian Military Academy:- 19 to 24 years

For Officer's Training Academy:- 19 to 25 years
27th June 2016, 06:49 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for Combined Defence Service and the examination is conducted by UPSC. The examination is conducted twice every year. The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in Army, Navy, Air Force and OTA.

The eligibility to appear for examination for examination is that the candidates must have passed bachelor degree from recognised university. Candidates must have Physics and Mathematics as main paper for recruitment in Air Force and Navy.

The age limit to appear for examination varies for different services. So, you have to wait till the graduation course to appear for examination and after qualifying in examination eligible for final recruitment.

The examination is conducted in written and SSB and candidates have to qualify in written to qualify for SSB. For more details visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
27th June 2016, 06:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services. The minimum qualification required to apply for CDS examination is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree are eligible to apply for CDS exam. For Naval and Air Force academy, bachelor's degree in engineering or science with Physics and Mathematics is compulsory.

For Indian Military Academy and Officer's Training Academy, you can apply from any stream of bachelor's degree. You are not eligible to apply for CDS exam after 10+2. At present, you can apply for NDA exam and you will be eligible for Indian Army only due to Arts stream in 10+2. Age limit for NDA is 16.5-19.5 years and only unmarried male candidates are eligible to apply.
27th June 2016, 08:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

For CDS exam you need to be a graduate. On the basis of class 12th you can only appear for NDA exam and TES (if scored above 75% in PCM).

For NDA exam any stream candidates can apply but for TES only PCM stream students are eligible. Hence, at present you need to study graduation and after completion you can apply for CDS exam.
27th June 2016, 10:10 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for Combined Defense Services and for joining Indian Army through CDS entrance examination you are required to be a bachelor degree holder in any discipline from a recognized university.

As far as you are concerned about joining Indian Army being a Class 12th passed candidate then you can join the same through NDA.

--> NDA refers to National Defense Academy and for joining the same you need to qualify NDA entrance examination which is held twice every year by UPSC in two stages which involves Written examination and SSB ( Service Selection Board ) interview respectively.

--> For appearing in the same examination, the qualifications required are as mentioned are here under :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 16.5 years and 19.5 years.

* You must have completed your Class 12th or must be appearing in the final year of same with any stream from a recognized board. Also for joining Indian Navy or Indian Air force your stream of academics must include PCM group for must.

* You must be an unmarried male with physical fitness as per the service requirement norms.

For further details and updates regarding the same examination, you can refer to the official link of UPSC i.e; www.upsc.gov.in
28th June 2016, 12:01 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services.

1. Minimum qualification required for this exam is graduation. You must have done graduation or final year of graduation to apply for this examination.

2. Minimum age limit is 19 years.

You are not eligible for CDS exam after 10+2.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?