19th July 2016, 07:51 PM
Unregistered

How can I get Officer rank job in Indian Navy/Air Force with 80% in B.Com and certificate in ICAI and Diploma Computer courses?

Sir,
I have done my B.Com and ICAI course recently. Already I have done one year Diploma in Computer Application course. I would like to get a job in Central Government as Officer level rank post in Indian Air Force or Indian Navy. I have got 80% in my Graduation. What should I do further to achieve my dream? I'm expecting valuable reply.

20th July 2016, 03:00 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get Officer rank job in Indian Navy/Air Force with 80% in B.Com and certificate in ICAI and Diploma Computer courses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I have done my B.Com and ICAI course recently. Already I have done one year Diploma in Computer Application course. I would like to get a job in Central Government as Officer level rank post in Indian Air Force or Indian Navy. I have got 80% in my Graduation. What should I do further to achieve my dream? I'm expecting valuable reply.
To join the naval or air force wing you can sit for the CDS exam which is conducted by UPSC twice every year.

This exam can be given to enter the following academies:-
  • Indian Military Academy
  • Naval Academy
  • Air Force Academy
  • Officer's Training Academy
-Indian Military Academy: You need to be a graduate in any disicpline from a recognized university.
Age should be between 19 and 24 years.

Naval Academy: You need to have a bachelor's degree in science with physics or mathematics or you can do B.E./B.Tech in engineering or technology.
Age should be between 19 and 22 years.

Air Force Academy: You need to complete your graduation in engineering or technology or you can do B.Sc degree with physics or mathematics.
Age should be between 19 and 23 years.

Officer's Training Academy: You need to have a bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university or institution.
Age should be between 19 and 25 years.

Selection Procedure:-
  • Written Examination
  • Intelligence Test/Personality Test
  • Physical Test by SSB
Exam Pattern:-

For IMA, INA and Air Force:-
  • English- 2 Hours- 100 Marks
  • General Knowledge- 2 Hours- 100 Marks
  • Elementary Mathematics- 2 Hours- 100 Marks
For OTA:-
  • English- 2 Hours- 100 Marks
  • General Knowledge- 2 Hours- 100 Marks
20th July 2016, 06:40 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How can I get Officer rank job in Indian Navy/Air Force with 80% in B.Com and certificate in ICAI and Diploma Computer courses?

Yes, you can apply for Air Force Common Admission Test to join Accounts Section of Ground Duty branches. AFCAT is conducted by Indian Air Force twice every year for recruitment of candidates into different branches of Indian Air Force like Flying branch, Technical branch and Ground Duty Branch.

Commerce stream candidates can apply for AFCAT examination for joining Ground Duty branch. You can apply for AFCAT examination at official website of Indian Air Force, official website is http://www.careerairforce.nic.in. AFCAT consists of written test and Air Force Service Selection Board. You need to clear both stages to join Indian Air Force.
20th July 2016, 11:43 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to become an officer in Indian Air Force/Navy. For recruitment in these wing of defence service you have to appear and qualify in CDS.

The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed B.Tech/bachelor degree with mathematics and physics as main paper. The age limit is 19-23 years for Air Force and 19-22 years for Navy.

So, with B.Com degree you are eligible to appear for examination for recruitment in Army and OTA. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?